Position at Industrial Light & Magic
The Jedi Academy offers a six week placement to current-year graduating students or artists with one to two years experience in VFX. The Jedi Academy provides the opportunity for graduating artists to learn from highly skilled supervisors and senior artists in the discipline of Generalist. Generalists are trained to create photo-real digital environments and assets. You will get exposure to a variety of workflows and software.
In this paid experience, successful applicants will be carefully placed into the generalist discipline and will provide entry-level work to that team. The successful applicants will have the opportunity to gain experience in a live production environment through training, mentorship, and real shot-work experience in a fast-paced production environment.
Graduates who successfully complete the program may be offered a Junior Artist position within the studio.
What You'll Do
Working in a ''remote-first'' fast-paced production environment, the Jedi Academy artists work closely with more senior artists and may be asked to:
• Produce high quality entry-level shot work
• Complete work within the timeframe bid
• Strengthen professional habits including the best way to present work in dailies, teamwork and communication
• Gain knowledge and appreciation of ILM's culture and history
What We're Looking For
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Graphics, Fine Arts, Design, Photography or related OR experience by working in our industry
• Demonstrated ability in one or more CG techniques, including modeling, texturing, shading, lighting, look development, matte painting, or compositing
• Strong artistic skills
• Strong teamwork, excellent communication, and interdisciplinary thinking
• Interest in and ability to quickly pick up new software
• Some entry-level knowledge in some or all of these software packages: Photoshop, 3DsMax, Maya, Houdini, a ray trace renderer, and 2d compositing software; comparable software experience considered
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States and must provide proof of long-term eligibility. We do not provide assistance for optional practical training (OPT) or work authorization visas for the Jedi Academy.
Applicants must have graduated from a relevant course within the last 12 months or have one to two years of VFX experience.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1p1n0-3-236-51-151-42 in your application.