Position at Industrial Light & Magic
The Concept Artist creates Concept art for visual effects in feature films. Works as part of a team of artists executing CG and traditional artwork and supports the creation of artwork that adheres to a specific design or ''look'' of a show.
We are looking for a Concept Artist who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define ILM.
On any given day, you might:
• Create of dynamic artwork that illustrates various stories and scripts
• Ensure work is done according to the specifications outlined by the Director/Key Creatives of a show.
• Implement any changes and incorporates feedback from Art Directors into artwork.
• Participate in dailies and transmissions.
Here are the skills and experience you need to be successful in this role:
• Experience in the entertainment industry
• Portfolio required
• Experience or understanding of cinematic techniques, languages and shot composition (advantage)
• Experience working as part of a Virtual Art Department (advantage)
• Develop ''eye'' and strong aesthetic
• Demonstrated understanding and creation of photo real work
• Experience creating some or all of the following environments, hard surface and creature design, matte paintings, shot elements, storyboards (advantage)
• Ability to collaborate with the Art Department leadership and within a production environment.
• Ability to work under pressure while implementing changes based on input from multiple sources
• Proficiency in design software required
• Ability to work in both 2D and 3D (e.g Photoshop, Maya, Blender, Zbrush, 3D-Coat, Keyshot, Octane)
• Ability to assemble research and reference material that will be influential to clients and design team.
We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current US salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired employees.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwxwqj-54-224-117-125-42 in your application.