Position at Industrial Light & Magic
Meet with clients to review scripts, breakdowns and storyboards. Partner with Key Creatives to develop the approach for creating the effects work and create competitive bids according to the needs of the clients and to fulfil the collective global vision.
What you'll do
• Hold Bid Kick-off Meetings to discuss the capacity plan, show leadership, coordinate testing and artwork, deadlines, fiscal targets, contacts and deadlines.
• Generate visual effects cost estimates in collaboration with supervisors and lead artists.
• Write client bid letters and other documents required.
• Review and analyze bids for methodology relative to historical averages and for quality assurance in each aspect of the bid.
• Review bid letters. Follow bids through bidding phases to assure proper documentation of key assumptions and subsequent document requirements.
• Provide information to the overall bidding calendar/schedule with key dates and deadlines and bid review schedules.
• Strategize about the placement of work across the Global Studios and Third-Party Partners. Work with Capacity Producer to evaluate Global Studio capacity. Work with Talent Managers for short term capacity evaluation.
• Maintain a strong understanding of tax incentives in various geographies.
• Participate in Marketing and Capacity meetings.
• Meet with R&D regularly to keep pace with technological advancements and assure advancements are cross-collateralized between projects and/or are factored into new bids. Consult with R&D regarding new development items needed for upcoming work.
• Communicate with Media Operations regarding the status and technical requirements of shows in bid.
• Provide data to inform their technical resource forecasting. Receive data pertaining to projects with exceptional technical resource requirements for cost estimating and documenting in the bids.
• Attend meetings that shape the global vision of our studios. Meetings may include studio-specific marketing meetings to discuss new business pitches, coordinating efforts between studio, talent capacity and what works to target for each studio, and current bid status; to integrate the planning into the bidding stages; strategy meetings with, Global Studio to discuss Producer and production management capacity.
• Meet with Producers during and after production to gather actualized information about production methodology to better inform future bidding.
• Work with Production Accounting to generate consistent post-show data.
What we're looking for
• Must have proven experience as a VFX Producer including significant experience in providing detailed and accurate bids.
• Previous experience in a VFX Bidding Producer role is a plus.
• Must possess very strong organisational and communication skills and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner while meeting deadlines.
• Must be able to write memos and emails in an accurate, articulate, and persuasive manner.
• An understanding of ILM production processes is a plus.
• Must have proficiency in Macs/PCs including Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Must be detail-oriented and have experience performing complex analysis and reporting.
• Must be able to manage sensitive and confidential situations effectively and professionally.
• Proven ability to work efficiently, effectively as part of a team, and independently where assigned.
• Proven ability to think critically and anticipate potential situations.
**FOR US BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current US salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired US employees.
• • •
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyo230-54-227-97-219-42 in your application.