Position at Industrial Light & Magic
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
We are looking for an Associate VFX Supervisor who reflects the innovative spirit and passion for great filmmaking that define ILM. The Associate VFX Supervisor works closely with the VFX Supe on the show to help the artists achieve their best work for our clients and is consistent with ILM's standards.
What You'll Do
• Recognize the focal point of a shot to tell the overall story and consistently work toward it.
• Work in tandem with the VFX Supervisor to ensure there is smooth communication with the crew and to the client.
• Recognize the client and VFX Supervisor's vision and direction and help point the crew to the overall show goals. Sometimes this requires setting aside your own creative preferences in pursuit of the show needs.
• Proactively listen to the client's wishes and guide her/him to solutions that tell the story artistically and on budget.
• Sell finished shots appropriately in line with the overall show requirements.
• As needed, run dailies with the crew in an efficient, professional, and clear manner.
• Help advance innovative ILM technology
• Maintain a high level of proficiency in current tools and methodologies - both proprietary and 3rd party applications.
• Partner with Technology, R&D and show supervisors to advise on the optimum technical approach both for immediate show needs and long-term facility strategy. You'll need to be technically versatile enough to comprehend the myriad technical solutions to problems.
• Represent ILM professionally and positively both within and outside the industry. Play a proactive key role in marketing ILM's services to the industry
• Know the limitations of his/her knowledge (e.g., technical, aesthetic, client-handling skills, etc.) and seek expert advice when appropriate.
• Perform 'hands on' work on shows when needed.
What We're Looking For
• Ability to demonstrate strong skills in visual storytelling, including shot design, composition, lighting and editing.
• You probably have 3+ years experience in successfully working in a supervisory capacity on several major productions and have 7+ years hands-on VFX production experience.
• You have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Graphics, Film or Fine Art or you have gained that experience by working in our industry.
• You have a demonstrable blend of technical and artistic skills, which might include a portfolio demonstrating strong traditional art skills and a reel demonstrating high end Feature Film VFX experience.
• Ability to manage artists (even those who work outside of your technical specialty) efficiently toward successful final shots.
• You recognize your limitations in your current technical knowledge and seek to broaden that knowledge.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0ye16-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.