Graphics Designer / Senior Designer
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
Animators are responsible for creating high quality motion of computer graphics creatures and objects within a shot, using a variety of animation software programs, and working under the general supervision of Senior Level and Animation Supervisors.
• Responsible for the successful animation of a series of shots on a specific project.
• Participates as a team member in determining various aesthetic solutions; provides feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis.
• Maintain or exceed a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work
• Performs other tasks related to the creation of computer-generated animation.
• Occasionally may be required to perform hands-on shot work on show and provide reference performances including motion capture performances as part of assigned shot work and to assist the animation team.
Education / Experience
• 3-5 years relevant professional experience and a BA in computer graphics, fine arts, design, or photography, or related field; OR, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skills / Competencies
• Expert knowledge of traditional animation principles, acting, film production and compositional design
• Ability to take on a delegated task with a minimum of supervision.
• Good organization and communication skills
Required Technical Skills
• Proficiency with Linux desired.
• Expert knowledge of Maya, proprietary and other software program
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.