San Francisco, CA
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
Creates high quality motion of computer graphics creatures and objects within a shot, using a variety of animation software programs, and working under the general supervision of Senior Level and Animation Supervisors.
What You'll Do
• Responsible for the successful animation of a series of shots on a specific project
• Collaborates with team members in determining various aesthetic solutions; provides feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis
• Maintain or exceed a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work
• Expected to ''mentor'' entry level Animators and must be able to support and assist them with their shots.
• Performs other tasks related to the creation of computer-generated animation
• Occasionally may be required to perform hands-on shot work on show and provide reference performances including motion capture performances as part of assigned shot work and to support the animation team
What We're Looking For
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent in traditional Animation and 3 years experience, or at least 5 years of experience working in cel, stopmotion or computer animation.
• Expert understanding of traditional animation principles, acting, film production and compositional design
• Ability to take on a delegated task with a gentle supervision.
• Good organization and communication skills
• Proficiency with Linux desired. Expert understanding of Maya, proprietary and other software programs
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp1zyx-35-171-146-141-42 in your application.
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.