We are seeking an experienced transactional attorney to join the Corporate legal team and perform a broad range of corporate legal functions related to mergers and acquisitions transactions, strategic finance, venture investments, securities law compliance and corporate governance matters. This position is located in Los Angeles.
What This Person Will Do:
• Providing transactional legal advice to Live Nation Entertainment's Corporate M&A team and senior leadership across the Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, and Live Nation Media & Sponsorship teams by engaging in a proactive issue-spotting and problem-solving review of proposed transactions.
• Drafting and negotiating term sheets and confidentiality agreements for, and serving as lead in-house attorney on, a variety of acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, investments and financing transactions.
• Collaborating with the members of the accounting, tax and operations teams to structure transactions and lead legal due diligence efforts.
• Negotiating a wide range of transaction agreements, either individually or with support from outside counsel, including:
• share purchase, asset purchase and merger agreements,
• limited liability company and shareholders' agreements, and
• promissory notes and loan agreements.
• Reviewing and commenting upon venture investment transaction terms and related agreements.
• Supporting the company's Finance leadership team with the review and evaluation of debt and capital markets transaction opportunities and reviewing, analyzing and interpreting associated legal documentation to ensure compliance with the terms of existing agreements.
• Providing legal support and guidance to Live Nation Entertainment's senior leadership regarding public disclosure matters and various public company reporting obligations, including '34 Act filings and proxy statements.
• Advising and supporting the General Counsel on a variety of corporate governance matters, including reviewing board and committee materials, monitoring and researching trends and developments in public company best practices and drafting and developing corporate governance policies and procedures.
What This Person Will Bring:
• J.D. from accredited law school and California bar membership in good standing, or willingness and qualification to be Registered In-House Counsel.
• Minimum of 5 years of law firm experience focused on M&A, capital markets transactions and/or advising public companies on corporate governance and securities law matters.
• Some prior in-house experience is preferred but not required.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills - ability to interact and communicate with all levels of the organization and outside counsel.
• Proficiency in drafting complex transactional agreements, together with the ability to distill complicated legal concepts into their core components and ideas.
• Strong organizational and time management skills necessary to manage multiple assignments for multiple members of the Live Nation Entertainment leadership team in a rapidly changing environment.
• Excellent drafting skills and attention to detail.
• Sound business judgment and the ability to make practical, informed legal decisions in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to learn quickly, and work with minimal supervision and as the sole attorney working as part of a larger business team
• COVID-19 vaccination will be required for this position subject to legally valid exemptions.
BENEFITS & PERKS
Our motto is 'Taking Care of Our Own' through 6 pillars of benefits:
• HEALTH: Medical, Dental and Vision benefits for you and your family, including Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
• YOURSELF: Paid time off policy including holidays, sick time, and day off for your birthday, free concert tickets
• WEALTH: 401(k) program with company match, Stock Program Reimbursement
• FAMILY: New parent programs & support including caregiver leave and baby bonus, infertility support
• CAREER: Tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment internal growth and development programs & trainings
• OTHERS: Volunteer time off, crowdfunding network
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Live Nation will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Live Nation also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Live Nation will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case-by-case basis.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0n0qm-3-227-235-216-42 in your application.