Manager, Creative Music Strategy
Awesome Job: VP, Ticketmaster Communications – Global Lead & Head of North America
Great Location: Hollywood, CA
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
See what it's like working at Ticketmaster.
Ticketmaster is the global leader in advanced ticketing technologies, helping more than 12,500 event organizers across 30 countries get tickets into the hands of fans for concerts, sports games, comedy shows, theatre, and more. This role will drive Ticketmaster's global communications strategy, heading up daily operations for the North America business while overseeing comms activity in all markets. The position will dual report into the Corporate Communications team and the President of Ticketmaster.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
• Creating and executing a cohesive communications strategy to share the company's most important messages with clients, partners, employees, consumers and more in a simple and effective way
• Working alongside divisional leadership and in close review with Corporate Communications to develop proactive announcements to drive business goals and highlight the company's latest technology solutions and products to enhance ticket sales and event management
• Developing flexible communications approach that balances strong B2B model with broad B2C engagement and services
• Keeping a close pulse on all communications channels to manage inbound opportunities in timely manner
• Advising and consulting on strategic positioning for other internal teams including client relations, fan support, B2B marketing and more
• Staying in lock step with broader communications vision at the company beyond the Ticketmaster division by regularly reviewing and syncing with Corporate Communications. This will also require contributing divisional information from Ticketmaster to assist with company-wide efforts as requested by Corporate Communications
• Coordinating with corporate teams for broader storytelling among the industry organizations, public affairs, investor relations, and other stakeholder groups
• Serving as key lead in development and execution of crisis response and issues management
• Advising on right scope for announcements to ensure a unified approach that meets objectives at global, regional, and local level. This will include detailed review of strategy and materials for internal and external communications
• Helping leadership continue to define and cultivate a tech-focused, culture that values collaboration, innovation, and service
• Managing all aspects of the communications process, from strategy development, to drafting, review and distribution
• Directly managing North America communications team as well as all regional comms leads, taking accountability for their output and career development
• Advanced skills across media relations, internal communications, public affairs, and corporate communications
• Experience working in a tech-focused environment, and ability to adapt quickly as priorities shift
• Background in product PR is a plus
• Understanding of the live event and/or ticketing industries is a major plus
• Superb written and verbal communication skills, with a focus on keeping tone simple, direct, and transparent
• Deep knowledge of both traditional and digital/social media channels
• Proven track record managing projects across global business operating in various time zones
• Strong management skills and interest investing in professional development of direct reports and team
• Basic understanding of/interest in public policy
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing, or Relevant field. Master's Degree preferred
• Innovative and creative thinker
• Strategic, organized, with extreme attention to detail
• Realistic outlook, focused on solution-oriented problem solving
• Nimble workstyle that appreciates feedback from all levels
• Collaborative by nature - team player who is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done
• Ability to respond quickly, yet thoughtfully
• Finesse to communicate complex topics effectively
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
• A knack for diplomacy and the confidence to engage and build consensus with functional leaders at all levels
Rock Solid Reliability – Earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; Set clear expectations; Deliver high quality work on time and on task; Take the time to do things right
Winning Teamwork – Collaborate with others; Share information openly; Listen and take time to empathize and understand where others are coming from; Show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
Act with Integrity – Pride in the way we represent ourselves and the company to others; Act with good intentions; Have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; Represent information and data accurately and completely
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and homelife. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It's talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
Ticketmaster strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulatio
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.