Vice President, Television Business and Legal Affairs Executive
Beverly Hills, CA
• Attorney will provide transactional legal support to Live Nation affiliated management companies
• Attorney will negotiate and draft management agreements for these management companies as they sign/renew artists
• Attorney will also handle other agreements that the management companies enter such as –
• Co-management agreements with other management companies
• Recorded music and publishing deals for managers who have affiliated labels or publishing companies
• Partnership agreements with other entities and various other commercial contracts these management companies may enter into, which could cover a broad variety of topics beyond traditional artist management
• Role may include the opportunity for non-legal work on artist management-related business development efforts
• Role may include the opportunity to provide business and legal support to Live Nation's joint ventures outside of its core touring, venue, and festival businesses
• Minimum of 5 years working as a Lawyer, with at least 2 years of relevant experience working with management agreements and recording and publishing contracts
• J.D. and membership in the California Bar in good standing, or eligible to register as in-house counsel with the California Bar (if based in Los Angeles)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, good business judgment and the ability to handle multiple projects at one time
• Ideal candidate has handled a variety of types of music/entertainment related legal transactions or other commercial transactions
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Live Nation will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Live Nation also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Live Nation will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case by case basis.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0y5be-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.