Senior Accounting Manager
Awesome Job: Vice President – Marketplace Commercial Strategy/Operations – Sports, Music, Arts
Great Location: Chicago, IL
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
The team owns and drives the revenue and profit performance for key marketplace verticals across professional and college sports, theater/arts, and concerts. The team is responsible for identifying and executing commercial strategies and the optimizing critical business levers for each vertical, with an emphasis on selling through our ticket inventory to drive hundreds of millions of dollars of incremental ticket sales.
As a business owner, the Vice President will lead the development and execution of short-long term strategies (1-3 years) and will work across all aspects of the business, including with leaders from marketing, pricing, supply, distribution, operations, business development, finance, product, and occasionally with Clients. The Vice President will have accountability for (and be explicitly measured by) delivering revenue and profit targets, with an emphasis on selling through ticket inventory. This may include adjustments to marketing to drive demand, or pricing and user experience to drive conversion, or process to reduce costs, etc.. The Vice President will oversee a team of highly quantitative/analytically oriented leaders and analysts (Sr. Directors/Directors/Managers/Analysts).
The ideal candidate will be an analytically driven strategic leader with strong problem solving skills, a high degree of business acumen, B2C and B2B leadership experience, and the ability to work with and influence a variety of individuals, both internally and externally, at all levels. This leader will be the EVP's go-to for all category performance.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
Grow and know the business:
• Lead the development of growth plans by vertical to achieve/surpass revenue and profit targets for each vertical, with a short to-do list and a long ''not do'' list.
• Know the fans we are serving and ensure our strategies, plans, and initiatives meet their needs better than our competitors do.
• Oversee development, structuring, and modeling of financial options with varying levels of complexity.
• Build enthusiasm among senior cross-functional stakeholders (product, marketing, operations, etc.) for key strategies and build their alignment to deliver key growth initiatives; leverage relationships to overcome obstacles that prevent progress.
• Oversee the delivery of key initiatives to market; driving work to completion and successful commercializing of ideas is just as important as identifying a winning strategy. Keep a pulse on the business by monitoring the performance of sales and KPIs; work though others to detect and immediately rectify performance issues; identify and exploit opportunities.
Be the go-to person:
• Serve as the main commercial point of contact for leaders from tech, product, marketing, business development, finance, and operations and, as appropriate, third parties.
• Serve as the main point of commercial contact for Ticketmaster executive leadership.
Lead a team:
• Envision, energize, and enable the organization, securing buy-in. Champion your mission and foster a culture of innovative thinking
• Manage, coach, and mentor a team of (senior) directors, managers, and analysts. Build their capabilities.
• Be a culture-builder, leveraging the organization's passion for live events and instilling a pride in craft.
Improve our capabilities and help others:
• Create innovative, analytically based approaches to measure and manage the business; share best practices to improve the organization's capabilities, and drive a culture of continuous learning/unlearning.
• Must have strong quantitative inclination, with a data-driven approach to problem solving
• A P&L orientation – either with prior experience managing a P&L or directly supporting the delivery of revenue and profit goals for a company or business unit
• At least 15 years of post-graduate work experience, ideally at a top-tier management consulting firm or leading corporation in a strategy or revenue management role
• Bachelor's Degree required. Master's Degree in business or advanced analytics from a top-tier program preferred
• E-commerce and/or technical/mobile experience preferred, as extensive interactions with product/tech organization will be required
• Proven capabilities translating consumer insights into business building plans
• Experience working with technical development roadmaps is beneficial; experience managing multi-functional teams to hit deadlines is essential
• Assertive yet professional demeanor, persistent and willing to lead the way
• Must be able to effectively and succinctly communicate with multiple stakeholders across all levels. Compelling presentations that inspire and win hearts and minds are important
• Influencing skills are essential; this is not a command and control environment.
• Extraordinary team player and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment where quality, innovation, speed of decision-making and execution are critical to organizational success
• An exceptional team leader experienced in coaching and developing talent. Able to set a vision and motivate a team to reach a goal while creating a fun and productive culture
• Strong PowerPoint skills, given the variety of audiences needed to influence
• Business Driver: We work in a dynamic environment with a high-degree of ambiguity. A successful candidate must be able to quickly identify problems, develop meaningful solutions, and independently drive work forward with the support of related business functions. This isn't just an ''ivory tower'' role; we need a leader who can ensure the delivery of ideas to market and shepherd others' work to completion.
• Analytical Prowess: Where is the first place to look in order to get to the bottom of a business issue or assess the attractiveness of an opportunity? For a successful candidate, the answer is data. Get excited working with large data sets and be able to deftly structure analytic approaches to problem solving.
• Builder, not a Caretaker: We are creating new capabilities for Ticketmaster and may not have all of the systems and tools and people in place. Be comfortable with that level of ambiguity and thrive on the challenge of driving the business forward while building underlying capabilities.
• Creative Thinker: The
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.