JOB DESCRIPTION – Technical Product Manager
Location: WFH – Illinois, Chicago
Division: TM Resale
Line Manager: Director, Product Management
Contract Terms: Full-time/Regular
The Ticketmaster Resale API team is a fundamental organizational hub, allowing our partners to tap into key integrations for their day-to-day operations.
The Technical Product Manager role is an essential position on our Ticketmaster Resale team. This individual will have direct and shared ownership for products within the Ticketmaster Resale platform, focusing on our API product areas and their interaction across the organization as well as with external users. This role involves building and maintaining relationships with key members of the Ticketmaster and Live Nation teams. Key areas of responsibility include communication, relationship management, requirements gathering and definition, and guiding initiatives through the product development lifecycle. The role requires someone who is comfortable operating at a fast pace, is detail-oriented, technical savvy, drives for results and takes pride in offering quality experiences which delight our customers. This person will help evolve the business and the technology behind it to ensure a smooth technical experience that marries back and front-end drivers.
BENEFITS & PERKS
Our motto is 'Taking Care of Our Own' through 6 pillars of benefits:
• HEALTH: Medical, Dental and Vision benefits for you and your family, including Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
• YOURSELF: Paid time off policy including holidays, sick time, and day off for your birthday, free concert tickets
• WEALTH: 401(k) program with company match, Stock Program Reimbursement
• FAMILY: New parent programs & support including caregiver leave and infertility support
• CAREER: Tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment internal growth and development programs & trainings
• OTHERS: Volunteer time off, crowdfunding network
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Meet with stakeholders to translate and prioritize business needs into innovative, quality solutions
• Drive product and technical experience from concept to launch, working with cross-functional teams of product managers, engineers, architectural leads, and operational support areas across the globe
• Write, prioritize, and manage sprints and backlog driven by derived need, usage, and value insights
• Collaborate with an extraordinary team of engineers to deliver continual value with every product release
• Join forces with product and engineering leadership to contribute to a dynamic and strategic company roadmap
• Accelerate value delivery by understanding the needs of the business from a technical and operational standpoint, incorporating those into the roadmap and each deliverable
• Develop and track system queries for success, ensuring the team is clear on their objectives every step of the way.
• Take ownership of documentation, demos, and diagrams to manage a complex system of interdependencies
• Capture, monitor and present hard data (KPIs) to assess assumptions and feature concepts for modifications or future enhancements
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS)
• 3+ years of technical product management experience in a technology or e-commerce company
• Experience with key product management functions such as requirements definition, concept validation, product roadmap and working within organizations to effect positive change
• Experience using e-commerce best practices and iterative product development
• Ability to understand and translate technical details to deliverables
• Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, able to prioritize, adapt effectively, and have some fun while doing so
• Ability to work independently and on teams within a highly collaborative environment
• Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously and handle shifting priorities
• Experience with end-to-end product delivery
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, comfortable with presentations and interacting with internal teams and business stakeholders
• Familiarity with Agile processes, such as Scrum, Kanban, and/or the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) a plus
• Basic knowledge of technical subjects such as microservices, API integrations, databases, caching, etc.
• Understanding of the ticketing, live event industry a plus
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent
LIFE AT TICKETMASTER
We are proud to be a part of Live Nation Entertainment, the world's largest live entertainment company.
Our vision at Ticketmaster is to connect people around the world to the live events they love. As the world's largest ticket marketplace and the leading global provider of enterprise tools and services for the live entertainment business, we are uniquely positioned to successfully deliver on that vision.
We do it all with an intense passion for Live and an inspiring and diverse culture driven by accessible leaders, attentive managers, and enthusiastic teams. If you're passionate about live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Our work is guided by our values:
Reliability - We understand that fans and clients rely on us to power their live event experiences, and we rely on each other to make it happen.
Teamwork - We believe individual achievement pales in comparison to the level of success that can be achieved by a team
Integrity - We are committed to the highest moral and ethical standards on behalf of the countless partners and stakeholders we represent
Belonging - We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, have an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Ticketmaster will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Ticketmaster also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Ticketmaster will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case-by-case basis.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxzj3q-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.