London, United Kingdom
Systems Engineer (Maternity Cover)
Division: Ticketmaster – Global Technology
Line Manager: Head of Service Operations
Contract Terms: Fixed Term, 12 months, 40 hours per week (full time) - on call working required on a rota basis.
The Systems Engineer will be working as part of an Operations and Reliability team focused on partnering with Software Engineering and Product Mgmt teams to ensure alignment on achieving business goals. The Systems Engineer will consult on and help to implement solutions as part of a Product Delivery team, enabling those teams to deliver software faster by creation of automation and tooling and provide operational support for Enterprise products.
Ticketmaster is part of Live Nation Entertainment which is the world's leading live entertainment company comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, LN Media and Artist Nation Management.
The Systems Engineer will consult on and help to implement solutions as part of a Product Delivery team, enabling those teams to deliver software faster by creation of automation and tooling and provide operational support for Enterprise products.
Additionally, the successful candidate will play a critical role in ensuring the ongoing stability and resilience of the systems and platform and contribute to the build and evolution of an Enterprise Product Suite that will run in a hybrid on premise and cloud based environment. The role will require participation in a 24/7 on call rotation with other team members.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Support the full system lifecycle for automation and tools including the design, assessment, selection, commissioning, validation and implementation of systems.
• Provide input into the design, development and implementation of systems automation and tooling for software engineering teams to achieve their goals.
• Work closely with peers in software engineering teams to implement solutions that are scalable, secure and easily maintained
• Provide infrastructure support for Enterprise products both in the public cloud and on premise
• Develop tools, both command line and web based, that are responsible for maintenance and management functions of development and production systems
• Work with systems and software engineers to develop and document requirements and functional specifications
• Implement monitoring and health check scripts.
• Administer and develop cloud management tools (e.g. self-provisioning scripts.)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
• Good scripting knowledge with Ruby, Python, Bash or Perl
• Proven Linux administration and troubleshooting experience in a demanding environment
• Previous experience of public clouds (AWS, Azure, Google)
• Experience of working with configuration management (Chef, Ansible or Salt)
• Knowledge and experience of containers (Kubernetes, Docker, LXC etc )
• Technical writing skills for documenting environments and procedures
• Strong understanding of core network protocols and services (TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP etc)
• Experience with troubleshooting large complex environments (1,000+ servers)
• Experience working in an Agile / Scrum environment
• Solid knowledge of working with third party APIs
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
• Autonomous and proactive
• Strong attention to detail
• Self motivated, energetic and tenacious
• Able to work as part of a team as well as independently
• Enjoy working in cross functional and multidisciplinary teams
• Flexible and pragmatic
• Strong organisational skills and time management
• A desire to learn and use a broad range of skills in a highly complex environment
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and resolution skills
• A keen interest in new technologies and open source
• Passionate about automation and tooling
Rock Solid Reliability – I earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; I set clear expectations; I deliver high quality work on time and on task; I take the time to do things right
Winning Teamwork – I collaborate with others; I share information openly; I listen and take time to empathise and understand where others are coming from; I show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
Act with Integrity – I am proud of the way I represent myself and the company to others; I act with good intentions; I have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; I represent information and data accurately and completely
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.