WHO ARE WE?
Live Nation Entertainment is the world's leading live entertainment company, comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, and Live Nation Media & Sponsorship. Ticketmaster is the global leader in event ticketing with over 500 million tickets sold annually and more than 12,000 clients worldwide. Live Nation Concerts is the largest provider of live entertainment in the world promoting more than 40,000 shows and 100+ festivals annually for nearly 4,000 artists in over 40 countries. These businesses allow Live Nation Media & Sponsorship to create strategic music marketing programs that connect over 1,000 brands with the 98 million fans that attend Live Nation Entertainment events each year. For additional information, visit www.livenationentertainment.com.
WHO ARE YOU?
Passionate and driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward-thinking, and collaborative. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you, please read on!
Live Nation's Media & Sponsorship division is looking for a Strategy Director, reporting to the Head of Brand Strategy. This exciting marketing leadership role will be crucial in helping us win new business and driving organic growth with existing partners who turn to us-the world leaders in live entertainment-to develop breakthrough ideas that drive their business. Using Live Nation's unrivaled ecosystem of artists, fans, venues, festivals, content, and media, you'll develop 360 platforms that truly impact audiences and solve our clients' toughest business challenges. You'll work hand-in-hand with our creative and production teams, developing and delivering creative briefs that tell compelling stories steeped in consumer insights and data, and seeing those ideas through to perfect execution with partners. You'll also help our head of strategy shape the vision of Live Nation and guide us into the future.
In short, our clients turn to us because we deliver sophisticated creative, strategic partnerships that build meaningful connections with audiences-not superficial sponsorships. This role delivers on that promise.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
Strategic and Creative Development
• As strategy director, you will have full ownership of creative briefs-from first meetings with clients and gathering relevant data and insights to tell the story, to the authorship and presentation of briefs and development of creative work. The Head of Strategy will offer guidance and oversight in some cases, and partnership in others.
• Ability to author concise and inspiring creative briefs that solve real business challenges for clients, as well as the ability to deliver them in exciting ways, is crucial
• Development of comms strategies that pull creative ideas through multiple platforms (via live, virtual, social media, influencer networks, etc.) before, during, and after activations
• Work collaboratively with our integrated marketing and sales teams to understand both the possibilities and limitations of productions, timelines, and budgets to co-create work that actually gets made and exceeds expectations
• Work collaboratively with our insights and data teams to tell compelling stories built from real fan attitudes and behaviors-and putting those stories to work on briefs, brainstorm/immersion sessions, category overviews, and ongoing partnerships
• Develop Live Nation's strategic offering and help shape our vision for the future
• Draw from insights, data, and culture to design custom studies and category decks for key clients and business verticals that solidify our strategic value to partners and build long-term relationships that grow revenue
• Work with our Head of Strategy, PR, and integrated marketing teams to develop thought leadership initiatives that demonstrate how Live Nation is defining the experience age
WHAT THIS PERSON WILL BRING
• Bachelor's degree required, Masters preferred
• Minimum 8 years of experience in marketing strategy, preferably at advertising agencies
• Extensive experience authoring concise, powerful briefs and delivering them in an inspiring way
• Experience in comms strategy is essential: helping creative teams expand ideas across multiple platforms and touchpoints, utilizing social media and content before, during, and after
• Be a white-boarder, a collaborator, and a design thinker. We love building things together, and we believe the best ideas come when strategy and creative work hand-in-hand to push each other
• Be able to own a room and be a critical listener. This role will require direct contact with the most senior-level decisionmakers with current and prospective partnerships. Being able to cut through the clutter and get to the key business objectives of our clients-and to give them confidence that our tools can deliver-is everything
• Excellent writing and speaking skills, including expertise in writing and editing client-facing proposals
• Detailed knowledge of marketing trends, consumer insights and the latest digital / social / mobile technologies-and a curiosity to know more
• Strong Keynote skills
• Deep familiarity with quantitative and qualitative research, with knowledge of Simmons, Nielsen, and/or MRI strongly preferred. Bonus if you've conducted focus groups, helped secure vendors, and distill results.
• Ability to turn data and insights into a compelling story and insights that focus our creative output
• Highly collaborative and able to gain consensus across multiple teams to get work done and push great ideas forward
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at www.livenationentertainment.com/careers to join the Live Nation Entertainment team today!
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and homelife. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It's talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
Live Nation strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, ru