WHO ARE WE?
Live Nation Entertainment is the world's leading live entertainment and eCommerce company, comprised of four market leaders: Ticketmaster.com, Live Nation Concerts, Front Line Management Group and Live Nation Network. Ticketmaster.com is the global event ticketing leader and one of the world's top five eCommerce sites, with over 26 million monthly unique visitors. Live Nation Concerts produces over 20,000 shows annually for more than 2,000 artists globally. Front Line is the world's top artist management company, representing over 250 artists. These businesses power Live Nation Network, the leading provider of entertainment marketing solutions, enabling over 800 advertisers to tap into the 200 million consumers Live Nation delivers annually through its live event and digital platforms. For additional information, visit www.livenation.com/investors.
WHO ARE YOU?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
The Strategic Sourcing Category Manager for Technology is responsible for holistic and strategic management of Live Nation's sizeable annual spend, spanning across several hundred technology suppliers. The Category Manager is broadly responsible for supporting stakeholders' overarching strategic and operational objectives, while reducing cost structurally and permanently, where possible. This hands-on role is also responsible for day to day procurement-related activities for stakeholders' highest priority projects that fall under the IT spend category. This position also has shared responsibility for strategic management for relevant suppliers.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
• Drives best in class procurement strategies and programs across Live Nation, globally and enterprise-wide, for the company's Technology spend, primarily – but not exclusively – focused on telecommunications and networking, physical and cloud-based infrastructure, and IT professional services
• Leads multiple, simultaneous full-lifecycle strategic sourcing initiatives and direct negotiations, in close collaboration with a cross-functional array of stakeholders in a non-mandated environment
• Scopes, drives, executes, and captures significant and permanent cost reduction, cost avoidance, and other value-generating opportunities in Technology spend across Live Nation's divisions and functions.
• Develops and facilitates Requests for Proposals (RFPs), supplier productivity projects, and negotiations for one-time and longer-term agreements, using all available resources, to drive savings, efficiencies, and supplier performance improvements
• Responsible for leading and advising senior executive stakeholders on supplier contracting and negotiations, supplier qualification, and establishing quality processes/resolving quality issues
• Analyzes business, financial, and legal risks and develops and communicates creative solutions and mitigation strategies for key negotiation points; Participates in approval process to assist stakeholders in making data-driven procurement decisions
• Interfaces with stakeholders and members of Operations, IT, Legal, Finance & Accounting, Compliance, and other teams, as necessary, to bring deals to closure
Within the Global Procurement team
• Serves as subject matter expert in collaboration to streamline and, where feasible, automate processes in support of day-to-day Global Procurement team activities, including, for example, tracking of incoming service requests, periodic stakeholder reporting, catalog management, and similar.
• Works in a highly collaborative manner, in a matrixed environment, to represent Global Procurement with senior stakeholders and senior executives from Live Nation's most strategic suppliers.
• Contributes to the development, population, and ongoing use of an enterprise-wide contract repository and online resources to facilitate stakeholders' strategic and operational procurement efforts.
• Provides rigorous analysis of spend data and industry dynamics to identify and prioritize potential procurement opportunities; Monitors and improves existing prices and service levels, where and when possible; Identifies and drives process improvements, root cause analysis and corrective action implementation.
• Leads commercial and operational contracting process for procurement transactions, and coordinates Live Nation's Legal team's involvement, as needed, ensuring appropriate contractual language to reflect the business interest and policies of Live Nation.
• Responds to stakeholders' supplier service and/or quality issues to mitigate negative impact on the company
• Responsible for encouraging and, where applicable, leading or supporting supplier innovation and other strategic supplier development activities with Live Nation's Technology suppliers
• Responsible for harnessing vendor expertise, conducting due diligence on technology trends that provide solutions to meet the company's changing business requirements
• Supports supplier compliance with audit, financial, and system requirements and assists in resolving post-execution nonstandard contract modification requests and disputes
• Implements rigorous supplier scorecards to measure suppliers
WHAT THIS PERSON WILL BRING
• Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred; Associate degree may be considered with significant work experience
• 6-8 years of progressively responsible experience in Sourcing & Procurement, Supply Chain Management, or Operations Transformation; top-tier consulting experience preferred
• Advanced consulting, influencing and negotiation skills, with proven track record of generating strategic, financial, and operational value from procurement projects, preferably in a non-mandated procurement environment; Ability to ensure strategic alignment with multiple parties
• Knowledge of one or more IT categories, such as software, infrastructure, networking/telecom or IT professional services
• Ability to work self-directed in fast paced, matrixed, collaborative environment; Self-motivated, proactive, independent, and responsive, requiring minimal supervision; Excellent multi-tasking and prioritization skills; Highly attentive to details
• Demonstrated project management skills with experience leading multiple, concurrent, highly visible programs
• Excellent overall business acumen and understanding of risk mitigation approaches and contract development
• Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to influence a wide variety of audiences, including senior executives; Must be fluent in English
• Strong client service mindset
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at www.livenationentertainment.com/careers to join the Live Nation Entertainment team today!
BENEFITS & PERKS
Our motto is 'Taking Care of Our Own' through 6 pillars of benefits:
• HEALTH: Medical, Vision and Dental benefits for you and your family, including Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
• YOURSELF: Generous paid time off policy including paid holidays, sick time and paid days off for your birthday, Free concert tickets
• WEALTH: 401(k) program with company match, Stock Program
• FAMILY: New parent programs & su