Awesome Job: Staff Accountant
Great Location: West Hollywood, CA
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
Our biggest investment is in our people. We offer comprehensive health benefits and 401k matching, student loan assistance, plus career-boosting opportunities like tuition reimbursement and targeted development sessions to help all eligible employees thrive. At Ticketmaster, expect the fast-paced excitement of a startup with the rock-solid support from an industry leader – with plenty of ticket perks on the side.
We are seeking a Staff Accountant to assist with month end journal entry preparation and daily and/or monthly reconciliation of assigned general ledger accounts related to various Ticketmaster lines of business. Our ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter and is proficient with Microsoft Excel.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
• Prepare and record month end journal entries as part of the monthly financial close process.
• Reconcile general ledger accounts on a monthly basis as part of the SOX control compliance process.
• Work with internal personnel to resolve general ledger account reconciling items in a timely manner.
• Perform daily credit card receivable reconciliation and resolve any variances before end of month.
• Perform weekly bank reconciliation for all incoming and outgoing payments.
• Generate AR invoices and maintain AR aging report.
• Work with internal personnel for past due invoices on a monthly basis.
• Maintain prepaid and accrual schedules for contractual payments.
• Prepare schedules in support of internal and external audits including quarterly and annual SOX and financial audits and/or sales tax audits.
• Assist with preparing ad hoc schedules as requested by internal management.
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance preferred
• 1+ years of professional accounting experience in a comparable role
• Experience with SAP and/or Oracle Financials ERP systems is a plus
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to read and analyse financial reports and legal documents
• Strong analytical and multi-tasking skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Strong attention to detail and highly organized
Rock Solid Reliability – Earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; Set clear expectations; Deliver high quality work on time and on task; Take the time to do things right
Winning Teamwork – Collaborate with others; Share information openly; Listen and take time to empathize and understand where others are coming from; Show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
Act with Integrity – Pride in the way we represent ourselves and the company to others; Act with good intentions; Have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; Represent information and data accurately and completely
Belonging – We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, with an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Ticketmaster will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Ticketmaster also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Ticketmaster will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case by case basis.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Ticketmaster recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Ticketmaster may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r71676-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.