Senior Software Engineer
Title: Sr Manager, Business Intelligence, Core Data Services
Who are we?
Live Nation Entertainment is the world's leading live entertainment and eCommerce company, comprised of four market leaders: Ticketmaster.com, Live Nation Concerts, Front Line Management Group and Live Nation Network. Ticketmaster.com is the global event ticketing leader and one of the world's top five eCommerce sites, with over 26 million monthly unique visitors. Live Nation Concerts produces over 20,000 shows annually for more than 2,000 artists globally. Front Line is the world's top artist management company, representing over 250 artists. These businesses power Live Nation Network, the leading provider of entertainment marketing solutions, enabling over 800 advertisers to tap into the 200 million consumers Live Nation delivers annually through its live event and digital platforms. For additional information, visit www.livenation.com/investors.
Who are you?
Business Intelligence, as data visualization and storytelling service, is an integral part of the Core Data Services team. We are looking for a seasoned manager to lead and improve BI as a service.
Have you done traditional BI well? Been there, done that - star schema, EDW, report design for ease of understanding the data? Ready to take Business Intelligence to the next level?
Successful candidate will be able to cover a wider range of responsibilities from managing existing BI infrastructure, reports, reporting systems, user demands and SLAs while participating in architecting a new robust offering of data visualization and data storytelling as an extension of an enterprise data platform. This includes developing a robust semantic model and a set of business metrics that can be used to unify data analysis between different departments and use cases, creating a predefined set of best practices for visualizing those metrics, default report layouts and functions that enable geographically diverse and intrinsically complex business to be expressed via easy to consume data analysis interfaces.
Successful candidate must be able to demonstrate ability to build and maintain scalable and robust systems, secure infrastructure, extensive standard operating procedures for ease of maintenance to ensure that data is available to BI users in a predictable, reliable and SLA-supported manner.
Core Data Services team is at the center of Data and Analytics initiative. We are in the beginning of our journey to build and enterprise data platform capable to be a true underpinning of any data needs for the enterprise. Our mission is to make reliable data available and enable value creation by the data community of engineers, analysts and decision makers. Core Data Services team consists of Platform engineering team, Data Engineering, Data Enablement and Operations team. BI is part of Data Enablement and is a critical component of providing users visibility into the data and providing self-service for interacting with data first hand.
Core Data Services is currently in process of adopting Spark as our main ETL engine and realizing the value of highly functional, performant and transparent Data Lake, all this while maintaining and streamlining existing data infrastructure and doing careful migration. These activities will create new opportunities for business intelligence functionality and effective data value delivery
This is a unique opportunity for a senior BI practitioner to take the leadership role at the time when BI space at Live Nation Entertainment is in the state of transformation, facing new level of business demands and expectation for solid data definitions and semantic models to underpin effective data visualizations and support business and analytical decision makers.
The right candidate will utilize prior experience building effective BI environments to re-think and re-define modern functionality of reporting, analysis, dashboarding and aiding decision-making processes. Everything is up for consideration – delivery processes, team structure, tech stack – and that makes this role exciting, impactful and influential.
Success in this role means satisfied business community with robust BI reporting, effective self-service, stable and secure BI environment based on modern tech stack.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
• Build and mentor the business intelligence team as part of data enablement
• Stabilize, document and govern existing BI space
• Continuously work with business community to ensure that suite of offered reports satisfy expectations for data latency, report performance and ease of use
• Partner with data engineering and data operations teams to design and implement BI data store, effectively manage BI infrastructure and ensure data consistency for BI purposes
• Support existing BI environment which includes multiple data sources, multiple BI technologies, large data volumes and large user community. Continuously drive toward simplicity, automation, user self-service
• Design and implement effective practices for business intelligence team including SDLC, data integration, change control
• Improve and evolve governance and data security practices in BI
• Work with other BI teams and architects to share and evangelize best practices, unify tech stack, evangelize enterprise data definitions and consistent metric visualizations
• Continuously work in advancing the role of BI and actively participate in data initiatives
• Technical skillset to work with large data volumes, advanced data models, low latency, and high business complexity to oversee and create a large set of functional and effective business performance reports and visualization
• Advanced SQL skills
• Curiosity and drive to learn entertainment and ticketing space and be able to lead conversations about business metrics, dependencies, references and help your user community to understand and internalize the information in BI reports
• Ability to visualize data and unlock its power while hiding complexity
• Experience in data modeling and ability to understand data lineage, data dependencies and effectively use that to service BI users in a way that all of the complexity is hidden
• Understanding of BI vendor space and differences in architecture of BI products, their features, fit for purpose, limitations and map that to the existing use cases and user needs. Prior exposure to Tableau, Domo, IBM Cognos, Looker and other BI solutions
• Vendor management skills - not to be under-estimated!
• Think about BI users as you customers, implement BI as a product and SLAs to satisfy expressed and unexpressed needs of your user community.
• Offer BI as a platform functionality to allow department and product focused BI engineers to build on to of it
• Understand Data Cataloging in order to integrate reports with metadata
• Experience in supporting a large set of BI reports in production for a variety of use cases ranging from high demand operational reports to highly analytical to strategic.
• Solid base in mathematics in order to be able to explain advanced metrics, support users in choosing reports as well as ability to bridge between requirements and technical implementation of specific calculations
• Experience building multinational solution for BI
• Self-motivated, driven and eager to contribute
• People management skills
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.