Engineer - Quality
Awesome Job: Sr Engineer, Android/React Native
Great Location: Los Angeles, CA
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
See what it's like working at Ticketmaster.
What makes a company great is the people! The Global Mobile Apps team at Ticketmaster consists of 2 core iOS developers, 2 core Android developers, 2 react native developers and 2 dedicated QA engineers. There are often times additional teams spun up to help the mobile apps team focus on features like app growth, global support and privacy enhancements. Although some challenges require platform specific solutions, we try to learn, and problem solve together as a team. Our product and engineering managers are always available to help developers with priorities, blockers and gathering additional specifications to help do the job right. Constant learning is a part of the team culture with the expectation that engineers will need to use some of their time each day researching and learning new techniques. Be part of a collaborative learning environment with perks like Google I/O, WWDC conference tickets and training to help the team stay up to date with the latest mobile best practices. Want to learn a new skill? Just talk to your manager and they will help you make it happen.
Be part of something special! This role of Sr. Engineer (Android/React Native) will have a mix of coding and collaboration responsibilities to help sustain and grow our global suite of mobile apps and SDKs. Many of our existing apps and SDKs are written in pure native Android but we will need to add support for React Native using Native Modules. It's ok if you have a stronger background in one of the two (Android/React Native) but you will need to be willing to work on both and enhance your skillset in the areas you have less experience. Releasing often requires a team effort so collaborating well with our QA engineers and the team leads will be a big part of this role.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
• Maintain and enhance the Ticketmaster core Mobile application both in the US and in other countries (Android (Java/Kotlin))
• Maintain the existing Ticketmaster App SDKS for the purchase flow and post purchase flow and help to add react native integrations (Android (Java/Kotlin), React Native)
• Work with the Team leads and QA engineers to successfully deliver releases and get new features to the market efficiently and without issues
• Write Unit tests and integration tests to verify the applications and SDKs functionality
• Collaborate with cross functional front end and back-end teams on new features and app integrations
• Android Development (3+ years professional experience) Java/Kotlin (we are moving from java to Kotlin but still roughly 60/40 Java/Kotlin)
• React Native development (2+ years professional experience preferred) (JS/React)
• Hybrid app/WebView experience preferred
• Git version control (2+ years professional experience)
• Software task level of effort estimation and planning
• Experience with JIRA project management software preferred
• Experience with Firebase preferred
• Experience with AWS preferred
• Computer science degree or equivalent experience with focus on data structures, algorithms and software engineering best practices
• Great problem-solving skills
• Good attitude and a self-starter who can be given a complex task and break it into smaller pieces
• Works well with other engineers, both learning from others and sharing latest ideas with the team
• Want to continuously learn and take on new challenges and develop new skills for their engineering toolkit
Rock Solid Reliability – Earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; Set clear expectations; Deliver high quality work on time and on task; Take the time to do things right
Winning Teamwork – Collaborate with others; Share information openly; Listen and take time to empathize and understand where others are coming from; Show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
Act with Integrity – Pride in the way we represent ourselves and the company to others; Act with good intentions; Have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; Represent information and data accurately and completely
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and homelife. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It's talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
Ticketmaster strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the California Fair Chance Act and consistent with other similar and / or applicable laws in other areas.
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Ticketmaster will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, inclu
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm5wvm-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.