Awesome Job: Sr. Chargeback Analyst
Great Location: West Hollywood, CA
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
The Chargeback Team is a vital part of Ticketmaster's organization. We minimize potential chargeback losses. Research and develop chargeback cases by requesting proper documentation. In addition, request supplementary information that corresponds with payment processers, outlets, credit card companies and customers to build dispute cases to recover funds. Recovering funds and preventing fraud from occurring is a principal of what we do, while ensuring that our Fans are happy and get the tickets they want!
The Sr. Chargeback Analysts play a critical role at Ticketmaster both domestically and globally. We're looking for that Rockstar team player, someone who isn't afraid to do the work! Someone who has passion for improving processes and identifying trends. Using your chargeback experience, you'll evaluate each dispute to research and resolve it based on bank regulations and rules for both US & International transactions. You'll be responsible for daily processing of chargeback claims, assisting with researching fraud and chargeback trends, and resolving disputes for all card brands.
The ideal candidate(s) will demonstrate a clear understanding of payments, including fraud prevention & chargebacks to help develop and drive strategies for the future. You'll be able to assist in projects to implement new processes which can help to reduce fraud and chargeback exposure. Advise supervisor and management on credit card fraud prevention related problems, programs, and concerns and make recommendations to improve operations, anti-fraud processes and system enhancements. Work with peers and leadership by communicating the fraud trends and sharing ideas and information.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
• Proactively and effectively work disputed transactions via chargeback process to minimize revenue loss
• Assists management as needed with providing updates to internal department materials as it relates to their assigned process and consistently provides recommendations to process improvements that will help to increase win rates and improve efficiency
• Review and analyze trends and performing larger analysis
• Handle all incoming chargebacks and retrievals by providing support documentation for all card brands
• Effectively use all available tools, both internal and external platforms, as it relates to payment processors
• Ensure accurate and appropriate responses to disputes
• Perform necessary research and look up transaction details that need to be included with each dispute
• Resolves issues in accordance with approved policies and procedures
• Frequently interact with various teams and departments on researching transactions and status of events
• Preserve confidentiality of sensitive information
• Responsible for research and resolution of disputed charges while meeting required timeframes and guidelines with little to no follow up
• Review, enter and update database information timely while ensuring the accuracy of data entry, notation and order status information.
• 3+ years of fraud prevention and/or chargebacks related to online credit card fraud / finance or bank related experience is required
• Experience and working knowledge of credit card and chargeback processing as well as Visa/MasterCard regulations.
• Have strong written and oral communications skills, and demonstrate strong organizational and analytical skills
• Advance knowledge of MS Office especially in Word, Access and Excel.
• Must be results-oriented and able to work both independently and in a team environment
• Strong attention to detail
• Assertiveness in addressing issues resulting in fraud losses
• Able to effectively handle multiple tasks
• Ability to work effectively in a remote environment
• Strong communication skills and empathy are essential in this highly collaborative role
• Passion for organization and ability to balance competing priorities to complete tasks accurately and efficiently
• Takes ownership of role and responsibilities helping to identify and implement process improvements to achieve goals in collaboration with the team
Rock Solid Reliability – Earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; Set clear expectations; Deliver high quality work on time and on task; Take the time to do things right
Winning Teamwork – Collaborate with others; Share information openly; Listen and take time to empathize and understand where others are coming from; Show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
Act with Integrity – Pride in the way we represent ourselves and the company to others; Act with good intentions; Have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; Represent information and data accurately and completely
Belonging – We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, with an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Ticketmaster will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Ticketmaster also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Ticketmaster will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case by case basis.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm5n16-34-228-52-223-42 in your application.