Engineer - Quality
Location: Los Angeles, California - United States / Remote
Division: Ticketmaster US
Line Manager: Senior Manager, Public Cloud, Platform - TechOps
Contract Terms: Permanent
The Public Cloud team operates at scale Ticketmaster's AWS footprint including managing infrastructure at a global scale.
Responsibilities and Focus:
• High level auditing and PCI requirements
• Maintaining standard IaC tooling and its product release schedule
• Creating and maintaining standard IaC modules for reuse by development teams
• Designing scalable, automated and maintainable solutions to AWS account management
• Working with internal groups, such as Information Security, Network Engineering, and Cost Optimization to establish best practices and implementation around IaC, security, networking and efficiency
• Focused on the five pillars of AWS Well-Architected Framework
• EC2, Kubernetes and other forms of compute
• Provide consultation and operational support work
• Active participation in agile practices and cross departmental program management
As a Solutions Architect - Cloud at Ticketmaster you will bring your vast AWS/cloud experience to directly influence the next generation of cloud consumption and governance. You will impact fans by helping product teams understand, architect, and deploy scalable and globally distributed systems. Such systems include database, API microservices, and big data tool sets.
Working directly with the business, product development teams, and third parties you will disseminate technical and complex requirements and create architectural artifacts and solutions. With this knowledge in hand you will work with leadership to build roadmap for various programs. In addition, you will be given latitude to build your own vision to improve the stability and cost efficiency of our platform while striving to ease the friction of compliance work.
You will help guide cloud engineers to implement various tooling, integrations, and automation following standards and best practices. Your efforts will be a direct pipeline into teams backlogs.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Deploying into teams to deeply understand business and technical requirements in order to make proper recommendations in alignment with organizational security and other best practices
• Working directly with leadership to evaluate solutions and options to create programs and roadmaps to achieve technical and business objectives
• Working closely with AWS and their Solutions Architects and product/service teams to understand the latest features of AWS and how they solve Ticketmaster's business and technical challenges
• Coding to create custom scripts against AWS's API to answer audit and other questions
• Writing code to build out custom integrations between various systems to achieve company objectives, increase visibility into Ticketmaster's AWS footprint, and manage our in-house Terraform IaC toolset.
• Team up with Information Security to work through yearly audit and compliance process while also strategizing ways to reduce manual compliance efforts across our cloud infrastructure
• Mentor and teach senior and junior engineers in the ways of cloud architecture with your advanced experience
• Helping to keep AWS consumption scalable through account strategy and management
• Working with our networking team to ensure a seamless integration between onprem and the cloud, ensuring compliance and scalability
• Evangelizing our process and standard changes, releases of our IaC, and other design decisions to the organization through both the written and verbal word
• Work with development teams and vendors to vet vendor management solutions
• Work within a agile team and process, adding your skillset to a cohort of cloud and team skills
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
• Detail oriented but able to distill information down to an effective and consumable artifact
• Obtained AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional
• Bonus: AWS Certified Security - Speciality
• Bonus: AWS Certified Networking - Speciality
• IaC tooling, specifically HashiCorp's Terraform
• Go Lang, bash and Python coding abilities
• Quality mind-set, ability to write unit test and integration tests
• Experienced in building UML diagrams describing logic or components of a larger cloud system
• Bonus: Degree or certificate in information Security
• Experience with PCI DSS, CIS Benchmark Standards
• Deep knowledge of AWS IAM and other authentication technologies
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
• A ''lean in'' mentality that drives you to grow, improve and contribute to the team and larger organizational success
• Self-driver and motivator, ability to self-organize
• Strong ability to community internally and externally
• Set realistic time frame given many options with tradeoffs
• Attention to detail
• Ability to think bigger picture on changes that leads you to ask probing and relevant questions
• Serious about the work at hand while appreciating responding to change, respecting and enjoying with great people
• Ability to think broadly but also get into the details
Rock Solid Reliability – I earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; I set clear expectations; I deliver high quality work on time and on task; I take the time to do things right
Winning Teamwork – I collaborate with others; I share information openly; I listen and take time to empathise and understand where others are coming from; I show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
Act with Integrity – I am proud of the way I represent myself and the company to others; I act with good intentions; I have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; I represent information and data accurately and completely
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and homelife. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It's talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
Ticketmaster strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinanc
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6zz18-34-237-52-11-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.