JOB DESCRIPTION – Engineer III – Core Ticketing
Location: Scottsdale, AZ or North America
Division: Enterprise Engineering – Core Ticketing
Contract Terms: Permanent, 40 hours per week
We're fans who help fans everywhere access the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favorite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else!), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing.
We are also engineers at heart and are passionate about using cutting-edge technology alongside proven, venerable workhorses to unlock capabilities for other teams and, ultimately, unforgettable moments of joy for fans!
The Core Ticketing Host Team owns the company's iconic workhorse Host Ticketing System, which is used by thousands of venues worldwide to manage their inventory and transactions. We're applying cutting-edge thinking and tools to our classic systems with magical results!
If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want you on our team.
Ticketmaster is looking for a Software Engineer who can thrive in our fast-paced environment. We are seeking candidates to join our Core Ticketing Host Engineering team who are proactive, self-starters, and have a proven track record of working collaboratively across an organization. This team represents the future in many top strategies and is key to the successful execution of organizational initiatives. Our mission is to modernize Ticketmaster's founding bespoke ticketing system using cutting-edge technologies and architectural design patterns which help propel us from
Now is an exciting time to join the team and make a real difference as well as showcase your design and architecture skills as we shape the next generation of Core Ticketing systems, integration with various components of the TM ecosystem, and overall, building a world-class system. If you are the sort of person that enjoys a fast-paced work environment, is able to quickly pick-up cutting-edge technologies and product concepts, and has the desire to experiment with and evaluate new technological paths forward, this is the role for you.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Develop Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery (CICD) pipelines and/or pipeline patterns.
• Using Docker and Kubernetes extensively to manage our pipelines and deployments.
• Design testing frameworks e.g. functional testing using Cucumber Behavior Driven Development (BDD), performance testing, chaos engineering testing, etc for CI pipelines.
• Design and maintain non- production environments.
• Design and manage release processes.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
Need to know / be able to do
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
• 3+ years of professional hands-on software development experience and experience with high-volume applications/systems experience.
• A strong advocate for automated testing, continuous integration, delivery, and DevOps.
• Experience working with cloud-based platforms (preferably AWS).
• Experience with containers such as Docker and orchestrators such as Kubernetes.
• Familiarity with open-source libraries/frameworks, e.g., Apache, Jakarta, etc.
• Experience with an open-source development environment using tools such as Maven, Git, Eclipse, JIRA, and Gradle.
• Experience supporting live applications - good debugging & performance tuning skills, understanding, reading logs & dashboards - identifying issues and solving them efficiently.
• Strong agreement with high stability, quality, and continuous delivery.
• Strong experience working in a team and as an individual.
• Comfort with being part of an on call rotation supporting tier 1 applications.
• Comfort and aptitude working with legacy, monolithic applications with a large surface area.
Nice to know / good to have
• Hands-on Experience with Ticketmaster's Host Ticketing System as an end-user or engineer.
• Experience working with cloud-based platforms (preferably AWS).
• Scripting skills, e.g., Perl, shell, etc. is a plus
• Experience with an open source development environment using tools such as Git, Maven, and Gradle.
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
• Strong verbal communication, ability to clearly communicate ideas, work status, advocate for (or against) a particular approach or design.
• Documentation skills - ability to make the path easier for new team members / new hires / interns by organizing knowledge in Confluence, wiki, or similar.
• Ability to manage self and own time, deliver work on time, evaluate and estimate work
• Ability to work with various teams, including tech and product, incorporate their inputs into the work being done, and manage expectations on issues & enhancements.
Rock Solid Reliability – I earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; I set clear expectations; I deliver high quality work on time and on task; I take the time to do things right
Winning Teamwork – I collaborate with others; I share information openly; I listen and take time to empathise and understand where others are coming from; I show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
Act with Integrity – I am proud of the way I represent myself and the company to others; I act with good intentions; I have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; I represent information and data accurately and completely
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1oeby-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.