- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Awesome Job: Software Engineer III
Great Location: Chantilly, VA or Scottsdale, AZ
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
The Archtics Roadmap Team is comprised of talented software engineers that support one of Ticketmaster's core ticketing platforms. The platform, Archtics, is the primary tool used by major sports leagues as well as major event venues across North American and International locations.
Our mission is to develop features that support the organic growth of Archtics clients, ensuring retention and exceeding market expectations. We develop code that scales well during heavy traffic, is fault-tolerant to minimize the impact to our fans, and meets architectural standards. We strive to live by a team-driven culture that delivers quality business value to all our stakeholders.
The Software Engineer III requires a solid understanding of software engineering methodologies and architectural patterns such as CQRS and Domain Driven Design. The newly hired Software Engineer will play a key role in developing API's for Ticketmaster's season ticketing platform in our AWS environment. Focus on Restful API development and back-end engineering while integrating multiple Ticketmaster products into the Archtics platform. Help to advance our technical modernization agenda by working closely with our partner and architecture Tech teams.
We believe in solving complex issues through collaboration and teamwork, so being a team player is a key characteristic that we look for in our engineers.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
• Developing, fixing, debugging, and testing back-end API's using Java as the primary software language.
• Working with a team of senior engineers and architects implementing application design into functional code.
• Writing TDD's and BDD's supporting our automation goal of ensuring code quality above 80%. Automation is key!
• Generating or updating documentation that describes the end to end system flow and visually conceptualizes system architectures and entity relationships.
• Working closely with product and program managers to understand requirements and advance our agile development practices. Communication is a major aspect of this role.
• A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (CS, MS)
• 3 or more years of direct experience in Java service development
• Experience with developing RESTful APIs
• Experience deploying code using CI/CD pipelines
• Experience with TDD/BDD tools such as Cucumber, JUnit, etc.
• Experience with open source development tools (Maven, GIT)
• Understanding of SQL
• Comfortable in Agile, Kanban, or similar modern development environments
• Ownership- feeling ownership over everything shipped and never call code ''released'' until there is confidence it's correct
• Pride in efficient monitoring, strong documentation, and proper test coverage - excited to work in a modern tech stack, and demonstrate experience with a diverse pool of technologies
• A team player - believe that more can be achieved as a team -that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement
• Interest in continuous learning. Exposure to the latest & great technologies; onsite tech talks and trainings; attending tech conferences
• Collaboration. Partner with a diverse group of professionals with different skills & disciplines across the organization to achieve a common goal
Rock Solid Reliability – Earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; Set clear expectations; Deliver high quality work on time and on task; Take the time to do things right
Winning Teamwork – Collaborate with others; Share information openly; Listen and take time to empathize and understand where others are coming from; Show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
Act with Integrity – Pride in the way we represent ourselves and the company to others; Act with good intentions; Have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; Represent information and data accurately and completely
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and homelife. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It's talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
Ticketmaster strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the California Fair Chance Act and consistent with other similar and / or applicable laws in other areas.
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Ticketmaster will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable lo
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.