Awesome Job: Software Engineer III
Great Location: Chantilly, VA or Scottsdale, AZ
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
The Archtics Roadmap Team is comprised of talented software engineers that support one of Ticketmaster's core ticketing platforms. The platform, Archtics, is the primary tool used by major sports leagues as well as major event venues across North American and International locations.
Our mission is to develop features that support the organic growth of Archtics clients, ensuring retention and exceeding market expectations. We develop code that scales well during heavy traffic, is fault-tolerant to minimize the impact to our fans, and meets architectural standards. We strive to live by a team-driven culture that delivers quality business value to all our stakeholders.
The Software Engineer III requires a solid understanding of software engineering methodologies and architectural patterns such as CQRS and Domain Driven Design. The newly hired Software Engineer will play a key role in developing API's for Ticketmaster's season ticketing platform in our AWS environment. Focus on Restful API development and back-end engineering while integrating multiple Ticketmaster products into the Archtics platform. Help to advance our technical modernization agenda by working closely with our partner and architecture Tech teams.
We believe in solving complex issues through collaboration and teamwork, so being a team player is a key characteristic that we look for in our engineers.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
• Developing, fixing, debugging, and testing back-end API's using Java as the primary software language.
• Working with a team of senior engineers and architects implementing application design into functional code.
• Writing TDD's and BDD's supporting our automation goal of ensuring code quality above 80%. Automation is key!
• Generating or updating documentation that describes the end to end system flow and visually conceptualizes system architectures and entity relationships.
• Working closely with product and program managers to understand requirements and advance our agile development practices. Communication is a major aspect of this role.
• A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (CS, MS)
• 3 or more years of direct experience in Java service development
• Experience with developing RESTful APIs
• Experience deploying code using CI/CD pipelines
• Experience with TDD/BDD tools such as Cucumber, JUnit, etc.
• Experience with open source development tools (Maven, GIT)
• Understanding of SQL
• Comfortable in Agile, Kanban, or similar modern development environments
• Ownership- feeling ownership over everything shipped and never call code ''released'' until there is confidence it's correct
• Pride in efficient monitoring, strong documentation, and proper test coverage - excited to work in a modern tech stack, and demonstrate experience with a diverse pool of technologies
• A team player - believe that more can be achieved as a team -that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement
• Interest in continuous learning. Exposure to the latest & great technologies; onsite tech talks and trainings; attending tech conferences
• Collaboration. Partner with a diverse group of professionals with different skills & disciplines across the organization to achieve a common goal
Rock Solid Reliability – Earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; Set clear expectations; Deliver high quality work on time and on task; Take the time to do things right
Winning Teamwork – Collaborate with others; Share information openly; Listen and take time to empathize and understand where others are coming from; Show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
Act with Integrity – Pride in the way we represent ourselves and the company to others; Act with good intentions; Have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; Represent information and data accurately and completely
Belonging – We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, with an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Ticketmaster will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Ticketmaster also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Ticketmaster will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case by case basis.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm19x3-3-238-95-208-42 in your application.