Lead Software Engineer
Who we are.
Universe is an innovative and high growth global ticketing platform acquired by Ticketmaster in 2015. The company operates independently with startup-like agility with backing of a Fortune 500 company.
At Universe, we believe in a future where virtual and real-life experience are the new stage for people to meet, connect, be inspired, and learn from one another. That's why it's our mission to deliver event technology that transforms the way people host events. We build products that enable our hosts to provide unforgettable fan experiences. Given the realities of COVID, Universe has launched some popular new product solutions, including for virtual events, timed-entry and drive-ins. If you're passionate about the magic of live experiences and want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience them, we want to hear from you.
Why you should work with us.
Our biggest investment is in people like you! We offer comprehensive health benefits and an RRSP matching program, student loan assistance, plus career-boosting opportunities like tuition reimbursement and targeted development sessions to help you thrive. At Universe you can expect the fast-paced excitement of a startup with the rock-solid support from an industry leader – with plenty of ticket perks on the side.
As a Software Developer at Universe, you will apply your passion for technology and live events in your quest to build a world-class Event Ticketing platform. In this deeply technical, business-minded position, you'll evolve our front-end and back-end systems and level-up your own skillset. You'll be challenged with the rewarding tasks of understanding our customers with strong empathy, curating a fantastic product experience, and championing our vision to new heights.
What your day could look like:
• Writing new React components with our GraphQL API, building new features, and maintaining existing ones
• Architecting new back-end data models and services in Ruby on Rails and Elixir Phoenix
• Testing your code with automation
• Pair-programming with other developers
What we're looking for:
• Minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience working as a Software Developer
• Effective communicator, written and oral, as this role will be working closely with people from all over the organization
• You have a love for products, and care fundamentally about quality
• An independent, fast-learning, self-starter who takes ownership over solving hard problems
• Energetic, passionate and driven
• A flair for visually designing beautiful products and user experiences.
• You're a hacker at heart who lovingly crafts elegant solutions with pride
Experience with at least three (3) of the following:
• Patterns-based web servers such as Ruby on Rails, Sinatra, Django, Flask, Express, Phoenix, or Spring
• Client-side web application frameworks such as React, Ember, Angular, or Backbone
• Persistent data stores – PostgreSQL, Mongo, Redis, MySQL, SQL Server, or Elasticsearch
Here's why you'll love working at Universe, a division of Ticketmaster:
• You'll work with veteran engineers who will challenge you to ship frequently, develop your skills, and apply new technologies and techniques
• You'll work with amazing designers, you will challenge you to implement beautiful, interactive user interfaces that provide an excellent user experience to our customers
• You'll be at the helm of your own career, shaping it with your own innovative contributions to a nascent team and product, with opportunities to grow both within Universe and the larger Ticketmaster family
• You'll build products that are used and loved around the globe by dedicated event hosts each with unending passion for providing amazing experiences to their fans
• You'll enjoy the culture and perks of a startup, with the stability of a Fortune 500 company; perks include kombucha and cold brew coffee on tap, 4 tickets to see a concert of your choice every year, unlimited access to Amphitheatre shows in North America for you and a friend, extended parental benefits, and 4 weeks' vacation
If you're interested in helping us shape the future of the event industry, send us your resume, portfolio and cover letter.
We encourage all qualified applicants to apply, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Ticketmaster/Universe Canada.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.