Site Reliability Engineer – Systems Engineer III
Location: Scottsdale, AZ United States
Division: Ticketmaster US
Line Manager: Manager – Site Reliability Engineering
Contract Terms: Permanent
The Core Ticketing Operations team is a global group of dedicated engineers, keeping key ticketing systems and gateways running 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. These business critical systems are responsible for managing ticketing inventory, selling tickets, allowing entry to venues, and essential reporting.
Join a multi-year platform modernization effort as a Site Reliability Engineer! Among many other duties, the SRE team within Ticketmaster's Core Ticketing Operations is focused on toil reduction, process improvement, configuration management automation, and gathering metrics for the company's core platform. We have a huge amount of respect for the over 40 year history of the core platform, and we are excited about the opportunity to continue to evolve such a profitable platform.
We are looking for a site reliability engineer (SRE) with strong collaboration, leadership, and communication skills (including great written communication like release notes and documentation) to join us as we mature our SRE and DevOps practices. The ideal candidate will possess a blend of technical and nontechnical skills with the ability to gather requirements, develop solutions to problems, work within teams to implement those solutions, and teach others. Together with Core Ticketing management and project management, our SRE will use metrics to identify areas for continuous improvement. Our team is never satisfied with the status quo!
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Use modern tools to streamline configuration management e.g. Ansible, Ansible Tower, Docker, Kubernetes
• Assess opportunities to transition services and capabilities to the Cloud and execute as appropriate
• Automate deployments of services/applications into a hybrid cloud environment (CloudStack and AWS)
• Work closely with other teams and contractors on toil reduction efforts i.e. automation of repetitive dev and ops tasks
• Implement, advocate, and teach ITIL and SRE/DevOps best practices in a DevOps collaborative context
• Assessment and metrics surrounding SRE initiatives and usage, reincorporating that data to help Ticketmaster with prioritization and planning.
• Building the reputation of Ticketmaster as a world class digital company with world class SRE practices.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
• Configuration Management and Automation
• Ansible, Salt, Puppet or similar
• Ansible Tower/AWX
• Monitoring tools (Prometheus, Grafana)
• CI/CD tools – public (AWS) and private cloud (Cloudstack), Gitlab
• Scripting languages (competency in at least one from each group): Machine/Operating system: bash, PowerShell or Multipurpose: Perl, Ruby, Python
• Container technology and orchestration with Kubernetes, Docker
• Operational experience with Linux
• ITIL certification and competency
• Database Technologies: SQL – MySQl, MSSQL, etc. and NoSQL
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
• Effectively gathers requirements
• Takes initiative to independently identify and solve problems
• Lead and instruct teammates on adoption of DevOps technologies
Rock Solid Reliability – I earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; I set clear expectations; I deliver high quality work on time and on task; I take the time to do things right
Winning Teamwork – I collaborate with others; I share information openly; I listen and take time to empathise and understand where others are coming from; I show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
Act with Integrity – I am proud of the way I represent myself and the company to others; I act with good intentions; I have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; I represent information and data accurately and completely
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.