Company: Live Nation
Location: Farringdon, London
Reports to: Vice President of Operations and Finance
Working Hours: Full Time, 40 Hours per week, plus occasional attendance at shows
Contract type: Initial fixed term, duration of 6 months, with the aim of converting to permanent employment if possible
The Senior Tour Accountant will report to the Vice President of Operations and Finance and the EMEA Touring team to promote tours and-one off shows across a broad range of artists, in venues around the world.
The position will be responsible for coordinating with promoters, internal departments and external organisations to effectively manage finances for tours with an aim to maximize revenue generated and deliver timely and accurate reporting to all stakeholders.
Live Nation (Music) UK, part of Live Nation Entertainment, is the largest live entertainment company in the world, consisting of five businesses: concert promotion and venue operations, sponsorship, ticketing solutions, e-commerce and artist management. Live Nation seeks to innovate and enhance the live entertainment experience for artists and fans: before, during and after the show.
Who you are
Competencies / Skills / Knowledge / Experience
• Knowledge of stadiums, arenas, theatres and clubs
• Demonstrable experience working in a finance team, ideally in the entertainment industry
• Ability to work spreadsheets and databases – good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Ability to plan and organize own workload
• Ability to establish and develop relationships within the music industry
• Ability to work to strict deadlines
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to interact with people at all levels of business understanding
The following attributes determine how the role will be carried out and are required to be a success
• Hands-on team player
• Focus on quality and service levels
• Very focused and adaptable to achieving deadlines
• Independent thinker
• Ability to translate a concept into a tactical plan
• Flexible yet strong nature
• Some travel within Europe may be required
• Interest in the music industry a benefit
What the role includes
• Oversight/management of the financial settlement process for departmental projects.
• Create summarized reporting for each tour to track actual performance against tour forecasts; issue management reports for all tours and administer overall tour deals.
• Tailor summary reporting and templates to meet tour specific objectives and informational requirements of management and Tour Accounts.
• Liaising with tour accountants/representatives on every aspect of settlements and settlement files including auditing of night of show (''NOS'') settlements and adjustment/finalization of settlements (ensuring accuracy and integrity of figures and correction of reporting errors); analyze/investigate material variances to projections.
• Create ''settlement template'' for each show, taking into consideration all relevant deal points and revenue streams to create a framework for show specific P&Ls and determine the source(s) of show proceeds.
• Attend settlements (if necessary) to instruct tour staff on administration of settlements.
• Liaise with Tour Accounts for general ledger (''GL'') input of settlement files/summary reporting (including NOS and final adjustments).
• Liaise with/instruct Tour Accounts in reconciliation of management reporting with the GL and final/preliminary settlements with artists.
• Accounts receivable: monitor collections of show proceeds and address collection issues.
• Payments: initiate artist payments on a timely basis and administer any other payments needed by the department.
• Liaise with departmental bookers, local promoters, marketing, ticketing, legal on all relevant show/tour settlement issues.
• Non-resident withholding taxes – liaise with tour accounting staff, local promoters, and artist representatives to meet withholding tax requirements in all jurisdictions.
• Create Local assignment agreements using the main tour agreement and liaising promoters.
• Assist promoters and tour directors with Tour Business Plans, which may include collecting local costings.
• Understand tour business plans in ROME (our in house sales force product, designed for worldwide tour business plans).
• Daily Bank Reconciliations, for GBP, EUR and USD accounts.
• Prepare/administer historical reporting on past tours on an ad hoc basis.
• Maintain/update the Europe/Rest of World settlement database.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday 25th September. We reserve the right to close applications at any time so encourage early application.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2kwjy-18-206-194-21-42 in your application.