London, United Kingdom
Location: Angel, London
Division: Ticketmaster Tech
Contract Terms: Permanent, 40 hours per week. As our business is online 24/7, you may on occasion be required to work out of hours or provide on-call duty on a rota basis.
THE TEAM: Marketplace Engineering
A career at Ticketmaster will challenge and engage you. We support the creators and producers of shows and live performances while connecting more passionate fans to these events.
You will be joining the diverse London team of dedicated, highly skilled engineers. You will be working together with the cross-functional product delivery team composed of: Frontend and Backend Engineers, Product Managers, Design/UX, QA and PMO. The pace here is fast, the atmosphere is fun, and a passion for live events is a common thread that ties us together. As a global and growing business, we can truly offer a world of opportunities to expand your skills and develop your career. Visit any of our offices, and you'll find a diverse mix of passionate employees, helping fans around the globe connect with the artists, teams and events they love. It truly is a unique and rewarding environment.
In the role of Senior Software Engineer, you'll guide the development and delivery of our global Consumer Platform which drives over 10 billion dollars of revenue annually. You will be accountable for delivering high quality, maintainable and performant solutions. You must think about solving complex technical problems and the long-term maintenance and cost of change of software solutions.
You will lead, manage, and inspire engineers to deliver the best ticketing experience across the globe. You'll help teams fulfil technical, operational, and business requirements by putting yourself in the trenches.
You will emphasise collaboration and mutual support – sharing project workflow with globally distributed teams, contributing code to core global services and applications, and cultural exchange between development groups. It is an exciting time to join Ticketmaster as we are working towards aligning our technologies and products globally.
Because our business is online 24/7, you may on occasion be required to work out of hours or provide on-call duty on a rota basis.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Participate and drive development work across globally distributed software teams.
• Ensure applicability of global applications to global markets.
• Ability to organize, prioritise; multitask while coordinating team efforts, reporting to stakeholders and management on the progress of goals.
• Connect with a series of stakeholders in order to gather as much information as possible regarding the problem at hand and implement short-mid term strategies to evolve products for future success.(UX / Design / Product / PMO…etc.).
• Implements activities that generally impact multiple components / processes and the work of own and possibly other units / teams / projects.
• Objectively explore multiple approaches and recommend the best technical direction including logic and reasoning.
• Meaningful participation in web, native app and service layer architecture design.
• Spike and prototype.
• Write exemplary code.
• Own the full development and deployment cycle for your software with in-depth knowledge of used technologies
• Encourage and grow developers in their craft.
• Debug and triage production application issues, often not your own.
• Automate testing, deployments, performance, and recovery.
• Typically assigned to complex undertakings.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
• Demonstrable experience of having worked within a senior engineering and development field
• Experience with Agile methodologies
• Strong backend development skills
• Java 11 programming language experience or of other JVM languages
• Experience with modern frameworks such as Springboot
• Test-Driven Development experience
• Understanding of Continuous Integration practices
• Knowledge of current software architectural trends and practices
• Previous experience with Design Patterns and SOLID principles
• Experience working with AWS or other Cloud Provider
• Experience with CI/CD servers (Gitlab/Jenkins)
• Experience with Docker and Kubernetes or other orchestration/scheduling framework
• Experience working in an SOA development environment
• Working knowledge of one or more database products (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
• Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate closely with remote team members
Nice to have
• Experience in DevOps
• Familiarity with Prometheus, Graphana, ELK stack
• Experience working with Terraform
• Experience with Helm package manager
• Experience with distributed systems.
• Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available services
• Ability to clearly communicate technical topics to non-technical people
• Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary team environment
• It is ok if you lack some of the skills listed above, the single most important skill is being able to learn quickly. We believe that a motivated, team-oriented professional will always succeed in mastering a new toolset when a need arises.
• You are autonomous and proactive
• You focus on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them
• You can consider multiple approaches and recommends the best technical direction including logic and reasoning
• You can work with minimal supervision
• You can solve complex technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation
• You promote cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables
• You maintain and foster relationships within, across, and external to organizational boundaries
• You are passionate about technology, software development and transformation
• You desire to continually improve your own skills, and ability to transfer that to the skills of others
Rock Solid Reliability – I earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; I set clear expectations; I deliver high-quality work on time and on task; I take the time to do things right
Winning Teamwork – I collaborate with others; I share information openly; I listen and take time to empathise and understand where others are coming from; I show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
Act with Integrity – I am proud of the way I represent myself and the company to others; I act with good intentions; I have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; I represent information and data accurately and completely
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world-class experiences – Fan First.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.