Senior Software Engineer
jOB DESCRIPTION – SENIOR Software Engineer
Location: North America (Remote), Scottsdale, AZ, or Los Angeles, CA
Division: Ticketmaster Tech
Contract Terms: Permanent, Full-Time
A career at Ticketmaster will challenge and engage you. We support the creators and producers of shows and live performances, while connecting more passionate fans to these events. The pace here is fast, the atmosphere is fun and a passion for live events is a common thread that ties us together. As a global and growing business, we can truly offer a world of opportunities to expand your skills and develop your career. Our Teams are a diverse mix of passionate employees, helping fans around the globe connect with the artists, teams and events they love. It truly is a unique and rewarding environment.
We are looking for a highly skilled, senior software engineer to help build and augment the backend services that power Ticketmaster's marquee shopping experience. Our services deliver critical data associated with events, pricing, inventory, and availability. These backend applications and lambdas are primarily written in Java and rely heavily on Kafka, KStreams, and event-driven programming. We utilize AWS cloud services and serverless technologies including Step Functions and API Gateway, and our services run on Kubernetes (EKS). As a core contributor and technical leader, you will have significant impact on architecture and systems design.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Design systems for real-time data processing
• Identify creative solutions that improve the fan experience and satisfy critical business needs
• Implement cloud-based micro services with low latency and consistent performance
• Represent your peers in discussion with business stakeholders
• Collaborate with other tech and product teams within the purchase vertical and across the company
• Implement Kafka consumers and producers, leveraging the Streams APIs
• Instrument APIs and data pipelines with OpenTracing
• Deploy and monitor applications running on Kubernetes
• Leverage system performance metrics and logs to tune scaling, improve efficiency, and preserve app health
• Participate in standups and other Agile ceremonies
• Mentor junior engineers via pair programming, code reviews, and design sessions
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
• Demonstrable experience (at least 4 years working in technology, preferably at an organization with over 20 developers on staff)
• Should be passionate about live entertainment and excited to build products that can withstand traffic from millions of excited fans
• Expertise developing in Java preferably using Spring and Maven
• Experience building applications on AWS using serverless technologies like Lambda, Step Functions, and Appsync
• Working experience with streaming technologies like Kafka or Kinesis
• Proficiency deploying apps on Kubernetes
• Strong understanding of data structures and algorithm design
• Ability to produce highly performant code that can scale effectively
• Experience working with Service Mesh frameworks like Ist.io or AWS App Mesh
• History in building consensus and morale; constructively providing guidance, assistance and mentoring others
• Strong communication skills and the ability to advocate for complex technical solutions in front of engineers, product owners, and business stakeholders
Rock Solid Reliability – I earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; I set clear expectations; I deliver high quality work on time and on task; I take the time to do things right
Winning Teamwork – I collaborate with others; I share information openly; I listen and take time to empathize and understand where others are coming from; I show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
Act with Integrity – I am proud of the way I represent myself and the company to others; I act with good intentions; I have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; I represent information and data accurately and completely
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favorite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and homelife. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It's talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
Ticketmaster strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the California Fair Chance Act and consistent with other similar and / or applicable laws in other areas.
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Ticketmaster will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Ticketmaster also wishe
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rooo61-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.