JOB DESCRIPTION – SENIOR ENGINEER i
Location: Northern VA
Division: Enterprise Engineering
Line Manager: Karthik Venkataramani
Contract Terms: Permanent, Full-time
A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else!), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. The pace here is fast, the atmosphere is fun and a passion for live events is a common thread that ties us together. As a global and growing business, we can truly offer a world of opportunities to expand your skills and develop your career. Visit any of our offices and you will find a diverse mix of passionate employees, helping fans around the globe connect with the artists, teams, and events they love.
We are looking for a skilled and motivated backend Engineer to join the core engineering team. This team is leading the tech transformation with a goal of re-platforming business-critical capabilities as a core set of domain-aligned microservices and data streams.
Now is an exciting time to join the team and make a real impact as we work to modernize and globalize our tech platforms. If you are the sort of person that enjoys solving complex challenges, thrive in a fast-paced work environment and has the desire to embrace and chart new technological paths forward, this is the role for you.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Be a hands-on senior contributor, working with a distributed team of talented engineers to help build our next generation ticketing systems.
• Work on key product initiatives that power our core ticketing platforms, deliver business-critical software running on AWS and Kubernetes based cloud infrastructure.
• Design and develop Event-driven systems on the Cloud, built with Java, Kafka, Cassandra.
• Build, test and deploy code with continuous integration and continuous delivery using Docker, Gitlab CI/CD and Terraform.
• We support and maintain what we build. As a member of the DevOps team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the stability and scalability of the systems, powering one of the largest ticketing platforms in the world.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS)
• 4+ years of progressive engineering experience, building and scaling cloud-based SaaS products with a deep desire to stay hands-on.
• Strong programming skills in at least one modern object-oriented language.
• Ability to understand system topologies and drive the implementation of new system components.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities, can think out of the box and propose creative solutions for complex problems.
• Hands-on expertise with Java and Kafka is a big plus.
• Experience with databases like RDS Aurora, MySQL or Cassandra is a plus.
• Comfortable contributing in a remote environment and with globally distributed teams.
• Appreciate and embrace transparency and see value in providing and receiving feedback.
LIFE AT TICKETMASTER
We are proud to be a part of Live Nation Entertainment, the world's largest live entertainment company.
Our vision at Ticketmaster is to connect people around the world to the live events they love. As the world's largest ticket marketplace and the leading global provider of enterprise tools and services for the live entertainment business, we are uniquely positioned to successfully deliver on that vision.
We do it all with an intense passion for Live and an inspiring and diverse culture driven by accessible leaders, attentive managers, and enthusiastic teams. If you're passionate about live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Our work is guided by our values:
Reliability - We understand that fans and clients rely on us to power their live event experiences, and we rely on each other to make it happen.
Teamwork - We believe individual achievement pales in comparison to the level of success that can be achieved by a team
Integrity - We are committed to the highest moral and ethical standards on behalf of the countless partners and stakeholders we represent
Belonging - We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, have an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Ticketmaster will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Ticketmaster also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Ticketmaster will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case by case basis.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq5n7x-3-238-248-200-42 in your application.