Awesome Job: Senior Software Engineer
Great Location: Los Angeles, CA
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
A career at Ticketmaster will challenge and engage the ideal candidate. We support the creators and producers of shows and live performances, while connecting more passionate fans to these events. The pace here is fast, the atmosphere is fun and a passion for live events is a common thread that ties us together. As a global and growing business, we can truly offer a world of opportunities to expand ones skills and develop their career. Our Teams are a diverse mix of passionate employees, helping fans around the globe connect with the artists, teams and events they love. It truly is a unique and rewarding environment.
The motto of the Distributed Commerce team is ''We make it easy for fans to buy tickets no matter where they are'' and Ticketmaster is looking for a strong Java Engineer to help continue fulfilling that promise. We are the team that builds, runs, and maintains the APIs and systems used by our 3rd party partners (such as the biggest social media companies) to empower them to list and perform native transactions from within their own experience. The candidate will help develop new features for our existing APIs and participate in planning and development of new services for upcoming integrations.
They will have to rely on their wide range of experience to resolve complex issues and will have to mentor engineers on the team. They will work with a large variety of technologies and will be part of an DevOps & Agile team, responsible for the full end to end delivery of new functionalities, including testing and production support.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
• Develop on a Java Spring Boot stack
• Ensure high quality through automated tests
• Work with systems and software engineers to develop and document requirements and functional specifications
• Mentor junior engineers
• Interact with product & other teams to develop features
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
• 6+ years hands on software development experience, with 4+ years specifically utilizing Java.
• Experience building REST APIs
• Professional experience with Java, Springboot, Maven
• Must possess experience in relational and NoSQL databases
• Comfortable writing and optimizing complex/semi complex SQL statements
• Must possess an experienced understanding of Object-Oriented programming and concepts
• Experience with cloud service providers and IaC
• Experience in DevOps and CI/CD pipelines
• Experience with messaging systems such as Apache Kafka
• Experience knowledge of Design Patterns and SOLID principles
• Experience in analyzing issues from the application tier to database
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience with scripting languages (bash, perl, python, etc)
• Eager to learn and recommend new and upcoming technologies
• Strong experience working in a team and as an individual
• You can develop fresh ideas that provide solutions to all types of workplace challenges
• You can solve complex technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation
• You are passionate about technology and transformation.
• You focus on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them
• You are self-motivated activator, energetic and tenacious
• You lead by example
• You can adjust your approach, language, and level of detail to meet audience needs
• You express your opinions and solicits feedback
• You promote cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables
Rock Solid Reliability – Earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; Set clear expectations; Deliver high quality work on time and on task; Take the time to do things right
Winning Teamwork – Collaborate with others; Share information openly; Listen and take time to empathize and understand where others are coming from; Show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
Act with Integrity – Pride in the way we represent ourselves and the company to others; Act with good intentions; Have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; Represent information and data accurately and completely
Belonging – We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, with an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Ticketmaster will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Ticketmaster also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Ticketmaster will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case by case basis.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbnz9o-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.