jOB DESCRIPTION – SENIOR SERVICE MANAGER
Location: North America
Division: Ticketmaster Global
Contract Terms: Permanent
The Service Management team is part of the Ticketmaster Global Technical Operations group and is jointly responsible for ensuring optimal service delivery. The team is responsible for the design, implementation and governance of IT controls/process to lead the pursuit for service delivery excellence.
This is a multi-discipline role within the Service Management team. Responsibilities include Incident Management (Disaster, Major, and Normal incidents), Problem Management, Change Management, and overall Service Management governance, data quality, reporting, process improvement, and stakeholder engagement.
We are looking for an individual with a keen analytical mind, a strong appreciation of technology, and mastery of multiple Service Management disciplines. Someone with a passion for systems-thinking, innovation, and automated solutions, and experience applying Lean thinking to everything they do. This Senior professional role will be responsible for coaching and mentoring team members to ensure the entire team is positioned for success and up to date on current departmental procedures, inter-team dependencies, project initiatives, etc.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• General Activities
• Build and maintain customer and stakeholder relationships.
• Cross-functional collaboration on SLA's for availability and performance.
• Report against performance to Business and Technology stakeholders.
• Data analysis for insight to opportunities for improvement.
• Collaboration with team leadership on program initiatives.
• Create, publish, and maintain documentation for business and technology audiences.
• Lead and facilitate meetings with business and technology stakeholders.
• Collaborate to identify, propose, and implement improvements across Service Management disciplines.
• Drive Service Management process adoption and compliance across the Technology organization.
• Build and analyze metrics to identify potential problem areas and solution recommendations.
• Help to lead the evolution of Service Management at Ticketmaster, process development and maturity.
• Lead Service Management team obligation to process ownership, operations, and governance.
• Incident Management and Escalation
• Respond to support escalation for high-priority incidents as part of 24/7 on-call rotation.
• Lead escalated incident mitigation activities with urgency and determination.
• Drive efforts to complete high-priority incident follow up actions to prevent reoccurrence.
• Deliver concise and timely communication to Technology teams and affected Business stakeholders.
• Ensure that subsequent incident reports are completed and distributed to stakeholders.
• Lead and facilitate Post-mortem and RCA tasks for high-priority incidents.
• Change Management
• Process change requests and adhere to audited procedures for documentation, authorization, and approval.
• Lead and facilitate regular and ad hoc CAB meetings.
• Know and adhere to regulatory requirements related to Change Management. (PCI, SOx, etc.)
• Other Process Management
• Lead team obligation to ownership, operations, and governance of other Service Management processes such as Problem Management, Request Fulfillment, and Service Availability Management.
• Identify and deliver improvements to existing processes and support models.
• Promote a service protection mindset across Technology teams.
• Apply best practice approaches for Incident, Problem, and Change Management to optimize risk.
• Collaborate with engineering and development teams to automate Service Management practices.
• Provide expertise and coaching to Technology teams on all Service Management processes.
• Report on Technology team performance against process KPIs.
• Service Catalogue
• Manage adoption of the new product inventory management toolset.
• Assist in data capture and validation across Ticketmaster's product portfolio.
• Drive initiatives for process and tool improvements.
• Service Continuity
• Assist in build and design of DR processes and plans for technical operations teams.
• Support in the planning and coordination of disaster recovery simulated testing.
• Drive post-test retrospectives and improvement work.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
• Educated to degree level is advantageous or relevant experience in an enterprise technical operations environment.
• ITIL v3 or ITIL v4 Foundations certification. Additional and advanced Service Management certification is beneficial.
• Professional experience aligned to ITIL Service Management practices for Incident Management, Problem Management, & Change Management. Additional experience with Request Fulfilment, Knowledge Management, and Service Availability Management is beneficial.
• Proven success in developing and implementing new processes, operational plans, standards, customer-value oriented service improvements that have impact on the achievement of functional results.
• Proven success seeing strategic, complex, and/or high-risk ITSM initiatives through to completion, such as advanced process improvement, tool implementation, and getting key stakeholder buy-in.
• Excellent English language writing and speaking skills. Additional languages are beneficial.
• Able to effectively explain technical issues and situations in non-technical terms for business stakeholders, and also able to explain business context and acceptance criteria for technical engineers and developers.
• Understanding of general technology concepts, networking, server management, application development, operating systems.
• Practical knowledge and appreciation of current and emerging technologies and practices such as AWS, Cloud technology, Containerization, Database Management, CI/CD, DevOps, SRE, Agile, Scrum, Kanban, and Lean.
• Need to have experience with ITSM service management, process design, and enterprise collaboration tools.
• Knowledge of Jira, PagerDuty, Domo, Confluence, Statuspage, LucidChart, Microsoft 365, Google GSuite is beneficial.
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
• Work independently with minimal supervision, and collaborate synchronously and asynchronously on tasks and projects as part of a globally distributed team.
• Persistent curiosity and eagerness to discover, share, and apply knowledge about the dynamic network of Ticketmaster teams, lines of business, practices, and technology.
• Respectfully coach and elicit collaboration from a variety of colleagues, stakeholders, and managers.
• Team player with a passion for service and a proven ability to work with technical and non-technical colleagues across all levels of the organization.
• Communicate clearly, transparently, candidly, and respectfully under pressure.
• Operate with focused calm and efficiency during critical and sensitive circumstances.
• Keen attention to detail, and strong organizational, customer service, and decision-making skills.
• Organize, prioritize, and manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Adapt to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines.
• Take accountability for your actions and own tasks through to completion.
Rock Solid Reliability – I earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; I set clear expectations; I deliver high quality work o
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.