SENIOR PRODUCT DESIGNER – TICKETWEB
Location: Toronto, ON or remote in Canada
Division: Festivals & General Admission - TicketWeb
Line Manager: Product Design Manager
Contract Terms: Permanent, Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
TicketWeb is a leader in online ticketing for club owners and promoters. Our global team operates as part of the Festivals and General Admission segment within the larger Ticketmaster / Live Nation family, setting our own roadmap, all with the financial backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company.
As a Senior Product Designer, you are essential in aligning our product with the company's vision and strategy. Your primary focus is on interpreting our strategy to address user needs by developing and prototyping intuitive, high-fidelity interfaces. Additionally, you will be instrumental in improving our design system to elevate the overall user experience.
You'll collaborate closely with other designers to refine the product, and team up with software developers to realize your designs. Additionally, you will ensure high quality with our QA team and team up with Product Managers for a comprehensive understanding of the product and business impact, backed by key metrics.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Deeply understanding and solving complex problems for our event organizers and fans while working with a cross-functional team to ensure the solutions meet the right metrics and business & user outcomes
• Conducting and leading more advanced user research methods, stakeholder interviews, and framing problems and insights through stories that help your team envision opportunities.
• Using a human-centered design process to develop user stories, personas, user flows, design mockups, prototypes and specs for our most complex projects.
• Leading and shape design QA activities prior to launch
• You will be instrumental in generating stakeholder buy-in, championing user-centered design practices, and implementing effective strategies and processes to drive product design excellence. Owning, maintaining, and improving existing design systems and/or other brand libraries
• Serving as mentor for less experienced members of the team
• Advocate for design team
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS)
• Minimum of 5+ years of product experience that demonstrates your craftsmanship and ability to lead end-to-end design on products for desktop and mobile
• A portfolio of design work that shows the full range of your product design, user research, interaction design and visual design skills
• Strong product thinking, systems thinking and a track record for driving results by building products that provide great user and business value
• A passion for the event space
• Proficiency with Figma
• Excellent storytelling with an ability to inspire via compelling stories
• Providing and seeking feedback from other designers to always push the bar for quality
NICE TO HAVE
• Experience working in a startup or on a marketplace
• Experience working in ticketing and/or the events industry
• Experience designing for accessibility
If you're interested in helping us shape the future of the event industry, send us your resume and portfolio.
LIFE AT TICKETMASTER
We are proud to be a part of Live Nation Entertainment, the world's largest live entertainment company.
Our vision at Ticketmaster is to connect people around the world to the live events they love. As the world's largest ticket marketplace and the leading global provider of enterprise tools and services for the live entertainment business, we are uniquely positioned to successfully deliver on that vision.
We do it all with an intense passion for Live and an inspiring and diverse culture driven by accessible leaders, attentive managers, and enthusiastic teams. If you're passionate about live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Our work is guided by our values:
Reliability - We understand that fans and clients rely on us to power their live event experiences, and we rely on each other to make it happen.
Teamwork - We believe individual achievement pales in comparison to the level of success that can be achieved by a team
Integrity - We are committed to the highest moral and ethical standards on behalf of the countless partners and stakeholders we represent
Belonging - We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, have an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
Ticketmaster Canada will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and need an accommodation due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note this inbox is limited to accommodation requests. Resumes submitted to this inbox will not be considered.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2bkj5-3-239-9-151-42 in your application.