Senior UX Designer
London, United Kingdom
Location: London, United Kingdom
Job Category: Product Design
Contract Terms: Permanent, 40 hours per week
As designers at Ticketmaster, we create. We create beautiful moments that remind millions of our fans why they love live entertainment so much. We create access so they can make their next, unforgettable live event memories. We create delight: We improve our clients and on-the-ground teams' day to day with our unique range of ticketing and event management solutions. We help them move through their jobs a bit easier, a bit faster so they can help our fans get faster to their dreams. As a designer at Ticketmaster, what will you create?
As Senior Product Designer – Marketplace you will work with the design leadership, other product designers, product managers, and engineering counterparts to provide innovative, best-of-breed design solutions for the next generation fan experiences in our Ticketmaster Global Product portfolio.
You will be expected to collaborate and take ownership of design projects from conceptual sketches and research all the way to pixel-perfect final deliverables. You will ideally be an experienced and confident UX designer with deep research, structural design, and critical thinking skills.
We're currently at an exciting point in our journey where we'll be unifying our fan platforms into a single global experience. Become part of this exciting new chapter with us!
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Deliver best in class, innovative user experiences for our fans working directly with design leadership, product managers, front-end engineers, and various business stakeholders
• Use core information architecture and interaction design skills to take product design deliverables through a full project lifecycle
• Conduct user/market, usability and competitive design research
• Identify user types, scenarios, journeys, flow/decision maps and produce relevant documentation to convey this vision
• Participate and/or lead ideation workshops with cross-functional teams.
• Generate wireframes, storyboards, prototypes, and/or other required design artefacts with minimal supervision
• Ensure Ticketmaster's brand identity is considered and integrated into all features and ensure the logical user flow is translated into an intuitive and stylish experience
• Conduct internal QA tests to ensure deliveries meet initial design specifications
• Work with the Analytics and product management teams to make measurable UX decisions
• Collaborate with other product designers in maintaining the Global Design System
• Understand long-term vision and strategic business goals of the department
• Keep skills fresh and be informed of best practices, technical trends and developments
• Opportunities for mentorship of interns or associates
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
• Thorough grounding in principles, methodology and practices of digital product design with proven hands-on experience in a working environment, i.e. UX design, UX research, interface design, mobile app design, interaction design
• An outstanding portfolio with cross-platform product design works
• Ability to provide a range of innovative and compositionally strong design solutions
• Fully conversant in one or more industry software, i.e. Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Zeplin, Axure, etc.
• Experience working with/on pattern libraries/design systems beneficial
• Ability to think creatively and present concepts clearly to stakeholders and team members
• A strong understanding of best/tried and true as well as current trends in UX/UI practices and cross-platform development
• A fundamental understanding of relationship between good UX, UI design and branding
• An understanding of grid systems and layouts and/or exceptional typography and graphic design desired
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
• Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
• Attention to detail within a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Collaborative, positive team player
Rock Solid Reliability – I earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; I set clear expectations; I deliver high quality work on time and on task; I take the time to do things right
Winning Teamwork – I collaborate with others; I share information openly; I listen and take time to empathise and understand where others are coming from; I show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
Act with Integrity – I am proud of the way I represent myself and the company to others; I act with good intentions; I have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; I represent information and data accurately and completely
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.