Join our Global Database Services team and become an integral core member of a group supporting the world's largest ticketing system. We are on a journey to build a set of new generation database tools to build, manage and operate various databases in AWS with a ''infrastructure as code'' mindset and migrating databases from our On-Prem private cloud to AWS. We use various database RDBMS and NoSQL technologies. We support multiple databases platforms - running on both private and public cloud infrastructure - powering the world's largest ticketing system and serving 170M customers. You will be working on some of the latest database technology, and will have an excellent opportunity to grow your career in a team with a great culture!
We are looking for a talent to join our Cassandra team to contribute on the ''Cassandra as a Service'' project to provide solid, reliable persistent data storage solutions for multiple Ticketmaster's mission critical products. The candidate will be part of the team providing 24/7 operation support on multiple Cassandra clusters running on AWS and internal private cloud. The candidate will be responsible to install, configure, monitor our mission critical Cassandra production. The ideal candidate should be a fast learner, eager, passionate about automating development and production environments, and enjoy the challenge of working in a highly distributed and dynamic Hybrid Cloud environment. As a service oriented team, the role will require the individual to collaborate effectively with other internal engineering teams to gather requirements to deliver various database platforms. There will be plenty of opportunities for developing your skills, as we look to improve our systems with the latest technologies.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Continuously improving the reliability and performance of existing open-source database platforms, both cloud and on-prem solutions
• Collaborate with other application engineering teams to deploy Cassandra cluster, schema design and performance tuning to meet business requirements for critical products in Ticketmaster and other day to day database operation.
• Plan the growth and manage the capacity and the lifecycle of the current production open-source database platforms.
• Responsible to conduct stress /benchmark tests before and after deployment and interpret the performance result.
• Strategize on building proactive monitoring and alerting to pre-empt outages
• Participate in the OnCall rotation, including L1 OnCall for the overall enterprise database stacks, and provide support during scheduled ticketing OnSale hours
• Responsible to maintain team document and runbook.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS)
• Strong experience in building, administering and managing mission-critical production Cassandra OSS, DSE, ScyllaDB, MongoDB and DynamoDB.
• Strong conceptual understanding for high availability and failover design.
• Database and OS performance tuning, performance testing experience.
• Strong skill set for troubleshooting independently.
• Strong experience working with Cloud solutions (e.g AWS EC2, AMI, EBS, Route53, CloudWatch, DynamoDB)
• Experience with infrastructure automation and configuration management (eg: Ansible, SaltStack, Terraform, Puppet, Chef ).
• Strong Experience designing CI/CD pipelines to maintain infrastructure code deployment
• Demonstrable usage experience of Git version control system and designing version control process methodologies
• Experience with Database and OS observability (e.g Prometheus, Grafana dashboard)
• Strong fundamentals of Linux / Unix system knowledge
• Knowledge of Kubenetes/Kafka is a plus.
• Proven experience with programming language in a software engineering or data engineering role. (eg: Python, Django etc...)
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS)
• Have excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
• Have experience working in a distributed remote environment.
• Have a natural drive to learn new technologies, participate in PoC, and provide the best datastore solutions to meet the business requirement.
• Have a high inclination to document often on acquired knowledge or processes and share them among the team, so that others can also contribute, freeing yourself to work on other projects.
• Engineering minded and motivated to remove repeated manual tasks with automation
• Understand and willing to adopt SDLC and Agile best practices.
• Know your way around Linux and the Unix Shell.
• Have a strong level of independence
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related fields.
*Applicants for this position must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the US; we are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
LIFE AT TICKETMASTER
We are proud to be a part of Live Nation Entertainment, the world's largest live entertainment company.
Our vision at Ticketmaster is to connect people around the world to the live events they love. As the world's largest ticket marketplace and the leading global provider of enterprise tools and services for the live entertainment business, we are uniquely positioned to successfully deliver on that vision.
We do it all with an intense passion for Live and an inspiring and diverse culture driven by accessible leaders, attentive managers, and enthusiastic teams. If you're passionate about live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Our work is guided by our values:
Reliability - We understand that fans and clients rely on us to power their live event experiences, and we rely on each other to make it happen.
Teamwork - We believe individual achievement pales in comparison to the level of success that can be achieved by a team
Integrity - We are committed to the highest moral and ethical standards on behalf of the countless partners and stakeholders we represent
Belonging - We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, have an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Ticketmaster will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Ticketmaster also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Ticketmaster will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case-by-case basis.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3q04q-18-207-129-175-42 in your application.