Senior Mobile Engineer
London, United Kingdom
Location: London, UK
Division: Ticketmaster International
Line Manager: Director of Engineering
Contract Terms: Permanent, 40 hours per week
THE TEAM: Marketplace Engineering
You will be joining the diverse London team of dedicated, highly skilled engineers. As a Senior Front end Engineer at Ticketmaster, you will be responsible for analysing, coding, and maintaining the next generation of fan-facing services for Ticketmaster, the global leader in ticket management for large-scale sports and entertainment. You will work closely with other engineers, product owners and managers, and representatives from the business, to deliver unique, high quality, efficient, maintainable, and easy to use services. The software you will work on will be used by millions of people worldwide.
A career at Ticketmaster will challenge and engage you. We support the creators and producers of shows and live performances while connecting more passionate fans to these events. As a global and growing business, we can truly offer a world of opportunities to expand your skills and develop your career. Visit any of our offices, and you'll find a diverse mix of passionate employees, helping fans around the globe connect with the artists, teams and events they love. It truly is a unique and rewarding environment.
You will be working on our core international consumer platform, which is a React application using Next.js, built with performance, flexibility and stability in mind. You will be accountable for delivering high quality, maintainable and performant solutions. You must think about solving user experience and technical problems and the long-term maintenance and cost of change of software solutions.
You take the initiative, solve problems, and eliminate roadblocks. You work under limited supervision with minimal day-to-day direction. Actively participating in overall solution and complex architectural design. The programs you create help Ticketmaster be more efficient and provide a high level of service excellence so we can remain the number one ticketing company in the world. It is an exciting time to join Ticketmaster as we are working towards aligning our technologies and products globally.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Work together with Principle and Lead Developers to suggest the right course of action to solve the problems at hand based on the architectures and best practices.
• Connect with a series of stakeholders to gather as much information as possible regarding the problem at hand (UX / Design / Product / PMO…etc.).
• Focus on building software, keeping in mind the main principles of performance, flexibility, and platform scalability.
• Ensure code is reliable, maintainable and fully tested.
• Focus on accessibility to ensure the site is inclusive of all our fans.
• Maintain and adopt code standards, patterns and best practices through pairing and code reviews.
• Have advanced troubleshooting techniques and resolve problems as they occur.
• Actively participate in gathering and validating technical requirements for the project.
• Seek opportunities to try out new ideas and solutions.
• Refactor code when needed.
• Monitor logs and identify issues.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
• You are up to date with the latest standards.
• You have expert knowledge of React and common libraries and frameworks in the React ecosystem such as Redux and Next.js
• You possess advanced understanding of Progressive enhancement as a design philosophy and deliver a first-class experience in restricted scenarios, serving up essential content and functionality to everyone and adding optional features as needed.
• You have advanced knowledge of the various layout specs such as flexbox and grid.
• You will be able to architect a highly flexible CSS architecture with theming at its core.
• You have detailed experience with cross-browser and device testing
• You understand the importance of Accessibility and champion standards' compliance.
• You will be able to liaise with design and UX to ensure accessibility is considered from the start of the development process.
• The components you build will be accessible for everyone, including those with the need to use assistive technologies.
• You are able to use tools to audit and fix accessibility issues and suggest improvements to the rest of the team.
• You have experience writing both unit and integration tests using libraries such as 'react-testing-library'.
• You have experience writing end-to-end tests, Cypress preferred but not essential.
• You have experience setting up testing frameworks and are able to share with the team the pros and cons of different types of testing (unit, integration, e2e, etc.).
• Working Professionally: You set high standards, committed to meeting customer needs, understand others' perspectives and seeks to make incremental improvements to performance.
• Working to Achieve Results: You show willingness to learn, are organised and methodical, monitoring progress of work and present yourself confidently.
• Working with others: You work cooperatively with colleagues, communicate clearly, accept and adapt to change
• Working Innovatively: You will be proactive and suggest improvements to improve delivery or service. Make connections, patterns and encourages a creative environment and aligns actions with wider goals and models.
Rock Solid Reliability – I earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; I set clear expectations; I deliver high quality work on time and on task; I take the time to do things right
Winning Teamwork – I collaborate with others; I share information openly; I listen and take time to empathise and understand where others are coming from; I show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
Act with Integrity – I am proud of the way I represent myself and the company to others; I act with good intentions; I have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; I represent information and data accurately and completely
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment,
Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.