JOB DESCRIPTION – Senior Software Engineer
Location: London, UK
Line Manager: VP - Software
Contract Terms: Full Time / Regular
A career at Ticketmaster will challenge and engage you. We support the creators and producers of shows and live performances, while connecting more passionate fans to these events. The pace here is fast, the atmosphere is fun and a passion for live events is a common thread that ties us together. As a global and growing business, we can truly offer a world of opportunities to expand your skills and develop your career. Visit any of our offices and you'll find a diverse mix of passionate employees, helping fans around the globe connect with the artists, teams and events they love. It truly is a unique and rewarding environment.
In the role of Senior Engineer, I, your focus will enable maximizing revenue for both Ticketmaster and its clients. You will be expected to improve the application and leverage the fans and transactions data in new ways.
You will be responsible for owning the development and design of entire application components. You will have to rely on your wide range of experience to resolve complex issues, and you will have to mentor engineers on your team. You will work with a large variety of technologies and will be part of an DevOps & Agile team, responsible for the full end to end delivery of new functionalities, including testing and production support.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Provide input into the design, development, and implementation of Java applications based on Spring Boot
• Work with systems and software engineers to develop and document requirements and functional specifications
• Develop tooling for operations teams
• Contribute to the architecture of applications developed on top of AWS infrastructure and Kubernetes
• Develop streaming application based on Apache Kafka
• Ensure high quality through automated tests
• Mentor junior engineers
• Interact with Product/UX to develop features
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS)
• 5+ years of development experience, including experience in implementing and maintaining software using Java 8 or higher and reactive programming
• Know Springboot, JVM and the ecosystem of supporting tools inside and out
• Knowledge of REST APIs
• A bachelor's degree in CS/Information Systems or related field
• Production experience with messaging systems such as Apache Kafka
• Production experience working with distributed systems and cloud providers including AWS
• Previous experience in DevOps and Terraform will be a plus
• Previous experience with Agile methodologies
• Experience working in an SOA development environment
• Working knowledge of one or more database products (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, Mongo)
• Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate closely with remote team members
YOU (BEHAVIORAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
• You can develop fresh ideas that provide solutions to all types of workplace challenges
• You can solve complex technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation
• You are passionate about technology and transformation.
• You focus on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them
• You are self-motivated activator, energetic and tenacious
• You lead by example
• You can adjust your approach, language, and level of detail to meet audience needs
• You express your opinions and solicits feedback
• You promote cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables
NOTE: To work from a Ticketmaster office, full COVID-19 vaccination will be required subject to any legally valid exemptions.
LIFE AT TICKETMASTER
We are proud to be a part of Live Nation Entertainment, the world's largest live entertainment company.
Our vision at Ticketmaster is to connect people around the world to the live events they love. As the world's largest ticket marketplace and the leading global provider of enterprise tools and services for the live entertainment business, we are uniquely positioned to successfully deliver on that vision.
We do it all with an intense passion for Live and an inspiring and diverse culture driven by accessible leaders, attentive managers, and enthusiastic teams. If you're passionate about live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Our work is guided by our values:
Reliability - We understand that fans and clients rely on us to power their live event experiences, and we rely on each other to make it happen.
Teamwork - We believe individual achievement pales in comparison to the level of success that can be achieved by a team
Integrity - We are committed to the highest moral and ethical standards on behalf of the countless partners and stakeholders we represent
Belonging - We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, have an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Ticketmaster will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Ticketmaster also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Ticketmaster will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case-by-case basis.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8zmbm-44-192-114-32-42 in your application.