Engineer - Quality
JoB DESCRIPTION- Senior ENGINEER II, SOFTWARE
Location: North America (Remote)
Division: Ticketmaster Tech
Contract Terms: Permanent , Full-Time
THE TEAM: Event Details Page, Frontend
A career at Ticketmaster will challenge and engage you. We support the creators and producers of shows and live performances, while connecting more passionate fans to these events.The pace here is fast, the atmosphere is fun and a passion for live events is a common thread that ties us together. As a global and growing business, we can truly offer a world of opportunities to expand your skills and develop your career. Visit any of our offices and you'll find a diverse mix of passionate employees, helping fans around the globe connect with the artists, teams and events they love. It truly is a unique and rewarding environment.
In the role of Senior Engineer, II, your focus will be on improving the user experience for millions of music and sports fans. You will be expected to design and build new features for our core marketplace products.
You will rely on a wide range of experience to resolve complex issues, and you will mentor junior engineers on your team. You will work with a large variety of technologies and will be part of an DevOps & Agile team, responsible for the full end to end delivery of new functionality, automation testing, and production support.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Write clear and efficient code
• Develop frontend components using React and Redux
• Provide input into the design, development, and implementation of complex software systems
• Continuously iterate on a highly-visible, high-trafficked user interface
• Ensure high quality via Jest tests and Cucumber BDD tests
• Collaborate with architects and other software engineers to produce innovative, scalable solutions
• Interact with Product/UX to implement new features and augment existing ones
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
• 5+ years of proven frontend development, experience working with a large team is a bonus
• Experience building modern Node.js and React applications using the Flux paradigm
• Strong understanding of Redux and Redux Sagas
• DevOps expertise, deploying applications to Kubernetes through Helm and to AWS through Terraform
• Ability to write comprehensive unit and integration tests
• Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with remote team members
• Ability to document complex technical solutions
• Proficiency in data structures and algorithm design
• Expertise with performance optimization and Webpack tuning with Babel
• Knowledge of one or more database products (e.g. DynamoDB, Mongo, Oracle, MySQL)
• Experience with Java and Spring is a bonus
YOU (BEHAVIORAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
• You embrace creativity and take risks
• You think in terms of desired outcomes, not just reactive, quick solutions
• You promote cooperation and commitment within the team to achieve goals and deliverables
• You are a team player who helps others succeed
• You are results-driven, highly motivated, and have proven experience building distributed, scalable systems
• You keep abreast of new products, technologies and platform releases
• You can communicate clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to your audience
• You anticipate, identify, and define problems throughout the development cycle
• You have clear opinions about technical design and code style and a willingness to share them
• You are comfortable with context-switching and can navigate a dynamic business landscape
Rock Solid Reliability – I earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; I set clear expectations; I deliver high quality work on time and on task; I take the time to do things right
Winning Teamwork – I collaborate with others; I share information openly; I listen and take time to empathize and understand where others are coming from; I show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
Act with Integrity – I am proud of the way I represent myself and the company to others; I act with good intentions; I have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; I represent information and data accurately and completely
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favorite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and homelife. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It's talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
Ticketmaster strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the California Fair Chance Act and consistent with other similar and / or applicable laws in other areas.
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Ticketmaster will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an appl
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx3351-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.