Senior IT Internal Auditor
Awesome Job: Senior Engineer I – Asset Management
Great Location: Hollywood, CA OR Remote
Employment Type: Full Time; Salary
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favorite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
BENEFITS & PERKS
Our motto is 'Taking Care of Our Own' through 6 pillars of benefits:
• HEALTH: Medical, Dental and Vision benefits for you and your family, including Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
• YOURSELF: Paid time off policy including holidays, sick time and day off for your birthday, free concert tickets
• WEALTH: 401(k) program with company match, Stock Program Reimbursement
• FAMILY: New parent programs & support including caregiver leave and baby bonus, infertility support
• CAREER: Tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment internal growth and development programs & trainings
• OTHERS: Volunteer time off, crowdfunding network
This position will be part of Ticketmaster's Datacenter Asset Management team. The team is responsible for building, maintaining and keeping the company's physical infrastructure footprint running smoothly to keep fans happy.
Ticketmaster is seeking Talented Infrastructure Engineers responsible for managing Datacenter-based projects and Operations tasks crucial to supporting our critical Datacenter-based devices and infrastructure inventory.
You will be handling requests from and supporting internal service teams by responding to requests for hardware installations, maintenance, troubleshooting platform enhancement and engineering efforts. This role is also responsible for proactively monitoring critical hardware systems and focusing on higher level initiatives that include firmware management, hardware monitoring, alerting and metrics collection.
This is an exciting time to come on board with Ticketmaster, as we look to the ''Return to Live'' later this year. We will be focusing on efforts towards hardware modernization and operability, expanding capacity and expanding our internal services for internal customers.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
• Provide expertise on hardware deployments and working with internal service team to build rack elevations with the datacenter teams to scope and deploy hardware
• Work with our Datacenter Asset Management system to keep automated systems up to date with critical asset information
• Respond to requests for support of hardware in the datacenter as well as guide systems through the hardware lifecycle
• Maintain key relationships with internal Engineering customers
• Manage and maintain the hardware monitoring platform to keep internal customers hardware operating smoothly
• Deploying systems firmware updates to keep the hardware platforms up to date and compliance with standards
• Monitor the datacenter environment to keep things running within specifications
• Work with the datacenter facility to receive and ship hardware
• 5+ years of related experience
• Bachelor's degree in engineering, technology or related field
• Strong technical troubleshooting skills
• Excellent understanding of modern server hardware, Dell and HP offerings for example
• Excellent verbal and communication skills
• Great Documentation and peer review skills
• Self-starter and able to take tasks to completion
• Strong Scripting ability a must, python or golang would be good to have
• Experience with gitlab and deployment pipelines
• Experience with Kubernetes deployments
• Able to work in a mixed Linux and Windows ecosystem
• Experience implementing automation / configuration management solutions with tools such as Terraform
• Detail oriented
• Autonomous and proactive
• Passionate about hardware
• Self-motivated activator, energetic and tenacious
• Comfortable with working in cross functional and multidisciplinary teams
• Excited about taking on challenging technical problems and devising creative solutions
Rock Solid Reliability – Earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; Set clear expectations; Deliver high quality work on time and on task; Take the time to do things right
Winning Teamwork – Collaborate with others; Share information openly; Listen and take time to empathize and understand where others are coming from; Show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
Act with Integrity – Pride in the way we represent ourselves and the company to others; Act with good intentions; Have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; Represent information and data accurately and completely
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and homelife. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It's talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
Ticketmaster strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the California Fair Chance Act and consistent with other similar and / or applicable laws in other areas.
We also afford equal employment opport
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.