Lead Product Designer, Enterprise
Awesome Job: Senior Director, Software Engineering
Great Location: West Hollywood
Employment Type: Full Time; Hourly/Salary
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
BENEFITS & PERKS
Our motto is 'Taking Care of Our Own' through 6 pillars of benefits:
• HEALTH: Medical, Dental and Vision benefits for you and your family, including Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
• YOURSELF: Paid time off policy including holidays, sick time and day off for your birthday, free concert tickets
• WEALTH: 401(k) program with company match, Stock Program Reimbursement
• FAMILY: New parent programs & support including caregiver leave and baby bonus, infertility support
• CAREER: Tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment internal growth and development programs & trainings
• OTHERS: Volunteer time off, crowdfunding network
The E-Commerce ticketing integration team architects solutions, sells, and manages global and national corporate sponsorship programs with the world's most recognizable brands. This exciting fast-paced team collaborates with facets of both the Ticketmaster and Live Nation business and engineering ecosystems, including ticketing, payments, membership rewards, and brand promotions. Members of the team are passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed.
The Senior Director of Engineering is a proactive, self-starting leader who has a proven track record of leading engineering teams to achieve outstanding results. You're a natural leader who still loves to keep your hands in technology and architecture daily. The Sr. Director thrives in a fast-paced environment and embraces technology to solve business problems in a high-volume, high-scalability environment. This role will be a people manager so hiring, mentoring, and getting the very best out of bright engineers is critical. This leader will spearhead additional innovative world-class products to help our clients, which will contribute towards the next generation of initiatives for the E-Commerce ticketing integration team. This includes development for a core set of next generation of applications while creatively pushing the envelope while architecting new solutions.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
• Develop strong relationships with our clients and partner with them on the ideation and execution of new products and integrations.
• Participate in architecture and solution design, mentoring engineers, exploring frameworks, toolsets or processes to improve the team's productivity and be accountable for quality software delivery.
• Build and grow a team of expert engineers, attracting and retaining a team of highly skilled software professionals that can agilely align to company and departmental objectives.
• You will work closely with product & other non-technical staff, get their hands dirty with code and code reviews, work with QA to review test plans, and oversee software development using Agile methodologies.
• Accountable for the development and timeliness of new applications and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout the enterprise.
• Ensure that development projects meet business requirements and goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues, as necessary.
• Own the development and adoption of architectural, coding, and security standards/governance
• Contribute to the development of the product roadmap to prioritize features/projects to ensure that the that deliver the highest value at the best time.
• Clearly communicate project status and risks to project stakeholders and senior leadership team members
• Research and make recommendations on software products and services in support of procurement and development efforts
• Manage resources within budget, both full time and staff augmentation and adapt budget accordingly based on changing company priorities
Our job descriptions evolve with our business need and priorities. In addition to the description above, your role may include additional projects and team support as needed.
• 10+ years of software engineering experience (predominantly with JVM) and a deep understanding of both front-end and back-end development, web performance and highly scalable architectures.
• Experience designing highly-available RESTful and GraphQL APIs.
• Strong experience in DevOps, Kubernetes, and AWS services
• 4+ years of management experience and proven ability to lead a team through the full life-cycle of software development.
• Experience with streaming platforms like Apache Kafka or AWS Kinesis is a plus
• Ability to meet commitments and multitask in a fast-paced work environment
• Must be a great Team Player and people manager, exhibiting a positive attitude
• Ability to own and manage multiple concurrent projects, including presenting and negotiating with stakeholders on the interdependencies and possibilities of what can be realistically delivered
• Expert at spotting talent and passionate about growing world class engineers on your team.
• Experience building services or applications where performance is an important consideration.
• Things that are easy at low scale can be incredibly challenging at Ticketmaster's scale so experience with performance tuning and optimizations is extremely valuable.
Rock Solid Reliability – Earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; Set clear expectations; Deliver high quality work on time and on task; Take the time to do things right
Winning Teamwork – Collaborate with others; Share information openly; Listen and take time to empathize and understand where others are coming from; Show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
Act with Integrity – Pride in the way we represent ourselves and the company to others; Act with good intentions; Have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; Represent information and data accurately and completely
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and homelife. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experienc
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.