Sr. Director, Pricing Products
Awesome Job: Senior Software Developer, Kafka Infrastructure
Great Location: Los Angeles, CA or Remote
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favorite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
A career at Ticketmaster will challenge and engage you. We support the creators and producers of shows and live performances, while connecting more passionate fans to these events. The pace here is fast, the atmosphere is fun and a passion for live events is a common thread that ties us together. As a global and growing business, we can truly offer a world of opportunities to expand your skills and develop your career. Visit any of our offices and you'll find a diverse mix of passionate employees, helping fans around the globe connect with the artists, teams and events they love. It truly is a unique and rewarding environment.
You will be part of the Global Developer Platform team, which delivers the tools, services, governance and support developers use at Ticketmaster to build, test, secure, and deploy to our fans and clients.
In the role of Senior Software Developer –Kafka Engineering, You will be responsible for the technical aspects of ensuring that our hybrid cloud Kafka infrastructure is used in effective and sustainable ways by hundreds of developers. This critical service powers all aspects of our business from the sale of tickets for the world's largest live events to providing access into those events and more.
You will work closely with the Manager –Kafka Engineering, software development leadership, technical operations leadership, architecture, PMO and vendors from around the globe to deliver these services.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
• Work with the Manager –Kafka Engineering to assess the needs of Software Engineering within the Kafka ecosystem
• Establish, communicate, and advocate best practices and design patterns related to Kafka consumption
• Build tools and libraries for use by software engineering teams to best leverage Kafka
• Consult with Development teams on design patterns, architecture, and coding practices
• Assess and size effort associated with work backlog and participate in grooming
• Advise and inform a program of work to mature the streams processing service offering
• Collaborate with other operations team to ensure highly available service and response respective to developer support
• Interview and participate in building a team to establish a center of excellence and expertise in streams processing
• Participate in regular planning cycles to align business priorities to programs of work within your organization
• Inform recommendations, including resourcing, of strategic projects to mature and improve the service
• Lead proofs of concepts, engineering, and implementation projects
• Strong knowledge of Java and the Kafka API's and libraries
• Understanding of Kafka, Kafka Connect, Kafka Streams and KSQL
• Strong understanding of Kafka broker, connect, and topic tuning and architectures
• Strong understanding of Linux fundamentals as related to Kafka performance: Filesystem tuning and related kernel tuning and troubleshooting, Storage hardware and trade-offs, Network TCP stack tuning and troubleshooting
• Background Software Engineering at enterprise scale
• Expert developing software in 1 or more high level language
• Competent operating Java Runtime Environment (JRE) in large scale environments -(runtime settings, JMX, troubleshooting, garbage collection, etc... )
• Passionate about data driven operations; building and leveraging observability with tools such as Prometheus and Grafana
• Knowledge and experience of containers and Kubernetes cluster
• Hands on experience delivering complex software in an enterprise environment
• Experience working in a remote team across multiple regions and time zones
• Comfortable working with structured Change and Incident Management
Autonomous and proactive.
Excellent communicator capable of consultative conversations with development teams
Passionate about the value of broad scale streams processing
Passionate about providing greater transparency to health and status of Ticketmaster systems
Keenly empathetic to the day-to-day experience of software development teams
Deeply concerned with the security and compliance implications of your services and solutions
Capable of delivering and accepting empathetic, constructive criticism with reports, peers, leadership and stakeholders
Conscious of the developers need for speed of delivery and the enterprise need for governance and cost management
Rock Solid Reliability – Earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; Set clear expectations; Deliver high quality work on time and on task; Take the time to do things right
Winning Teamwork – Collaborate with others; Share information openly; Listen and take time to empathize and understand where others are coming from; Show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
Act with Integrity – Pride in the way we represent ourselves and the company to others; Act with good intentions; Have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; Represent information and data accurately and completely
Belonging – We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, with an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Ticketmaster will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Ticketmaster also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Ticketmaster will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case by case basis.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzk4mq-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.