Senior IT Internal Auditor
Awesome Job: Senior Database Engineer
Great Location: Los Angeles or Remote
Employment Type: Full Time; Hourly/Salary
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
BENEFITS & PERKS
Our motto is 'Taking Care of Our Own' through 6 pillars of benefits:
• HEALTH: Medical, Dental and Vision benefits for you and your family, including Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
• YOURSELF: Paid time off policy including holidays, sick time and day off for your birthday, free concert tickets
• WEALTH: 401(k) program with company match, Stock Program Reimbursement
• FAMILY: New parent programs & support including caregiver leave and baby bonus, infertility support
• CAREER: Tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment internal growth and development programs & trainings
• OTHERS: Volunteer time off, crowdfunding network
Join our database team and be a core member of a group supporting the world's largest ticketing system. We are on a journey to build a set of new generation database tools to build, manage and operate various databases in AWS with a ''infrastructure as code'' mindset and migrating databases from our On-Prem private cloud to AWS. We use various database RDBMS and NoSQL technologies. We support multiple databases platforms - running on both private and public cloud infrastructure - powering the world's largest ticketing system and serving 170M customers. You will be working on some of the latest database technology, and will have an excellent opportunity to grow your career with a team with a great culture!
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
• Continuously improving the reliability and performance of existing open-source database platforms, both cloud and on-prem solutions.
• Build tools with a self-service approach to facilitate the usability of the datastore services and contribute to engineering development (or developer) success
• Build tools to integrate and facilitate daily and OnCall operation routines.
• Plan the growth and manage the capacity of the current production open-source database platforms.
• Provide database expertise to collaborating engineering teams (Database change reviews, database architecture solution, benchmark testing, PoC collaboration, performance tuning, troubleshooting etc.).
• Support and debug database production issues and investigate external services or other levels of the architecture stack for root cause analysis
• Strategize on building proactive monitoring and alerting alerts to pre-empt outages
• Participate in the OnCall rotation, including L1 OnCall for the overall enterprise database stacks, and provide support during scheduled ticketing OnSale hours.
• 7+ years of experience designing, managing, operating, and scaling open-source databases, such as MySQL, Cassandra, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, or Hadoop. (required to be domain expert at least two technologies)
• 3+ years of experience with infrastructure automation and configuration management (Ansible, SaltStack, Terraform, Puppet, Chef ), can orchestrate and automate complex administrative tasks.
• 3+ years of experience on AWS DB solutions and their ecosystems (Aurora, RDS, DynamoDB, lambda, EC2, Cloudwatch, Eventbus, SNS and AMI, etc.)
• 2+ years of experience with high-level programming language in a software engineering or data engineering role. (Python, Java, Django, or Go)
• Deep knowledge of data store technologies. Such as relational and NoSQL core knowledge, high availability, replication/sharding and DR solution, database observability (metrics, dashboards, and alerts).
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related fields.
• Have excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
• Have experience working in a distributed remote environment.
• Have a natural drive to learn new technologies, participate in PoC, and provide the best datastore solutions to meet the business requirement.
• Have a high inclination to document often on acquired knowledge or processes and share them among the team, so that others can also contribute, freeing yourself to work on other projects .
• Engineering minded and motivated to remove repeated manual tasks with automation
• Strong background on datastore technologies
• Understand and willing to adopt SDLC and Agile best practices.
• Know your way around Linux and the Unix Shell.
Rock Solid Reliability – Earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; Set clear expectations; Deliver high quality work on time and on task; Take the time to do things right
Winning Teamwork – Collaborate with others; Share information openly; Listen and take time to empathize and understand where others are coming from; Show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
Act with Integrity – Pride in the way we represent ourselves and the company to others; Act with good intentions; Have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; Represent information and data accurately and completely
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and homelife. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It's talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
Ticketmaster strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender i
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.