Who are we?
Live Nation Entertainment is the world's leading live entertainment company, comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, and Live Nation Media & Sponsorship. Ticketmaster is the global leader in event ticketing with over 500 million tickets sold annually and more than 12,000 clients worldwide. Live Nation Concerts is the largest provider of live entertainment in the world promoting more than 40,000 shows and 100+ festivals annually for nearly 4,000 artists in over 40 countries. These businesses allow Live Nation Media & Sponsorship to create strategic music marketing programs that connect over 1,000 brands with the 98 million fans that attend Live Nation Entertainment events each year. For additional information, visit www.livenationentertainment.com.
Who are you?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
The Sr. Accounting Manager oversees critical accounting functions and supervises an accounting team consisting of Managers, Accounting Supervisors, Sr. Accountants and Staff Accountants.
• Coach, train, and supervise both on and off-site manager(s), senior/staff accountant(s) and accounting support assistants
• Interact with General Managers and EVPs to address any accounting matters at his/her venues
• Involvement in venue meetings with General Managers and the VP Finance during the review of venue forecasts, budgets and variances to actual results
• Ensure all team members are appropriately trained
• Work closely with Manager(s), Senior/Staff Accountant(s) and support assistants to ensure that all show and company-related data (e.g. receivables, receipts, payrolls, payables, etc.) is processed accurately, timely and is ready for month-end closing.
• Lead the period-end closing processes ensuring accurate and timely submission of the financial statements, including the following:
• Monitor and ensure that all event and company-related data has been recorded in an accurate, consistent, and timely manner
• Ensure that shows are hard booked within prescribed timelines
• Prepare monthly journal entries
• Analyze and review system-generated reports
• Complete, consolidate and submit financial statement roll-forwards, variance analyses, and detail of certain significant accounts
• Review and approve reporting package(s), including Financial Statement Package Checklist. Assemble and submit reporting package(s) to VP Finance for approval
• Review all reconciliations for bank accounts, general ledger accounts, various sub-ledgers, etc.
• Compile and review barter files and corresponding activity; submit quarterly barter activity report(s)
• Monitor receivable balances and collection efforts, ensuring adequate reserves are recorded as necessary
• Monitor Fixed Asset accounting and depreciation
• Ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures / policies, including SOX requirements
• Oversee audit processes, preparing internal and external audit schedules as needed and liaising with auditors
• Interact with Director of Accounting and/or Sr. Director/VP Finance to provide necessary show and company data necessary for forecasting and budgeting.
• Assist with special projects as assigned.
• Coordinating staff schedules to meet all division deadlines
• Bachelor's degree in accounting; CPA preferred
• A minimum of 10 years of experience in accounting with at least 5 years of supervisory experience
• Possess advanced accounting expertise, including thorough knowledge of GAAP and SOX requirement
• Ability to lead Managers and provide guidance in team development
• Responsible for the consolidation and review in all month-end reporting
• Oversee on-boarding environment for all new hires within their team to ensure proper training
• Knowledge of internal controls. Must be able to maintain proper internal controls and enhance efficiency when possible.
• Strong analytical and effective decision-making skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, ORACLE experience preferred, ability to integrate internal applications to increase team efficiencies
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at www.livenationentertainment.com/careers to join the Live Nation Entertainment team today!
Applicants for employment in the US must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and homelife. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It's talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities. Live Nation strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation. We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the California Fair Chance Act and consistent with other similar and / or applicable laws in other areas. We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Live Nation will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Live Nation also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Live Nation will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case by case basis.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm5x36-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.