UNITY IN DIVERSITY
Our team members are as diverse as our music venues. With its owned/operated/managed venues, Live Nation Clubs and Theaters, a division of Live Nation Entertainment, is wide-ranging, including the legendary Fillmore venues and the intimate House of Blues clubs throughout the United States. Live Nation Clubs and Theaters is the country's preeminent group of intimate music venues, featuring superior sound and lighting technology in one-of-a-kind custom-designed environments aimed to bring fans and artists together in unparalleled musical environments.
Our mission is to create a profitable and principled global entertainment company. To celebrate the diversity and brotherhood of world culture. To promote racial and spiritual harmony through love, peace, truth, righteousness and non-violence. Our venues bring fans as close to artists as possible and our aim is to create teams that are just as close.
We are currently seeking a Senior Staff Accountant to oversee management of payables, receivables, receipts, show settlements and venue financial statements.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Oversee critical accounting functions for various locations which includes but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
• Process all receipts (e.g., Ticketmaster, box office, etc.) and record corresponding revenues
• Manage all money requests (e.g., wires, cash, show checks) for production and/or show settlement
• Review show settlement immediately following the show and work with operational field people who settle the show
• Prepare event P&L (or flash report) and event related journal entries
• Review and monitor Oracle event reports for accuracy
• Hard book shows no later than sixty days after the event date
• Make sure that all receivables, receipts, and payable items are processed and recorded accurately and in timely manner; participate in and monitor collection of receivables; submit and file rent calculations and lease payments
• Maintain barter file/log for all barter deals, preparing both transaction reports for each event and the quarterly barter activity report
• Prepare and file all applicable sales and use tax returns
• Prepare internal and external audit schedules (e.g., gross receipts, sales and use tax, etc.) and liaise with auditors
• Own G/L for Comedy Company and other club & theater venues as deemed necessary; prepare and maintain balance sheet and bank reconciliations; prepare, analyze and maintain P&L.
• Month-end close, accrual entries and SOX-required reporting
• Work with Accounting Manager in delegating work to AP/staff accountants to assist with all aspects of position as deemed necessary
• Assist with special projects as assigned
WHAT YOU NEED:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA preferred
• Proven experience at Staff Accountant level within a multi-unit hospitality company
• Possess excellent organizational, communication, and analytical skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
BENEFITS & PERKS - Our motto is 'Taking Care of Our Own' through 6 pillars of benefits:
• HEALTH: Medical, Dental and Vision benefits for you and your family, including Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
• YOURSELF: Paid time off policy including holidays, sick time and day off for your birthday, free concert tickets
• WEALTH: 401(k) program with company match, Stock Program Reimbursement
• FAMILY: New parent programs & support including caregiver leave and baby bonus, infertility support
• CAREER: Tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment internal growth and development programs & trainings
• OTHERS: Volunteer time off, crowdfunding network
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx8n2q-18-208-187-128-42 in your application.