Quality Assurance Engineer (Remote, UK)
JOB DESCRIPTION – Quality Assurance Engineer
Location: Remote, United Kingdom
Division: Marketplace Engineering
Contract Terms: Permanent
You will be joining the diverse global team of dedicated, highly skilled Engineers. As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring top level quality of the next generation of fan-facing services for Ticketmaster, the global leader in ticket management for large-scale sports and entertainment. You will work closely with other engineers, product owners and managers, and representatives from the business, to deliver unique, high quality, efficient, maintainable, and easy to use services. The software you will work on will be used by millions of people worldwide.
A career at Ticketmaster will challenge and engage you. We support the creators and producers of shows and live performances while connecting more passionate fans to these events. As a global and growing business, we can truly offer a world of opportunities to expand your skills and develop your career. Visit any of our offices, and you'll find a diverse mix of passionate employees, helping fans around the globe connect with the artists, teams, and events they love. It truly is a unique and rewarding environment.
At Ticketmaster, QA Engineers partner with and support Software Engineers as they build innovative products and highly-available applications. QA engineers assist in writing automation to speed up feature development, to prevent regression, and to expose bugs and implementation errors. We are currently looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our Global Marketplace Engineering Team. As a QA Engineer, you will assist in assuring product quality from existing ideas and help to develop new ideas based on industry best practices and your collaboration with our market representatives and clients.
In this role, you will be part of our development team and work closely with design, product and operational teams and will participate in the many areas of development including customer requirements, distribution channels and Ticketmaster's mobile and web service product offerings. You will be expected to find innovative solutions to help deliver our mobile app and consumer platforms.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Working with creative and engineering teams during the development cycle to ensure the product meets customer requirements.
• Verifying features and fixes manually, testing our products, updating documentation, and creating test data.
• Analysing test data to evaluate test effectiveness and identifying areas for continuous improvement.
• Participating and initiating root cause analyses.
• Supporting documentation supplied.
• Reviewing new functionality to check it meets requirements.
• Identifying automated testing opportunities.
• Write and design automation tests.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS)
• Great communication skills, both written and spoken.
• Comfort with technical and business concepts through coursework or prior experience.
• Capable of modeling and managing test data.
• Knowledgeable of security testing.
• Ability to quantify business benefits based on measurable outcomes.
• Product research and discovery skills.
• Well-developed analytical approach.
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS)
• You are able to generate a range of innovative ideas to solve problems and try different approaches. You are curious about how things work. work collaboratively with co-workers.
• You are committed to continuous self-development and are a model of confidence and professionalism. Anticipate and take planned action to create an opportunity. Results orientated and delivery focused.
• You work to meet stretching goals, take proactive action, and encourages high standards and is transparent. Understands perspectives and seek to make incremental improvements. Self-motivated. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and a strong attention to detail.
• You solicit input from others, can communicate in an engaging and proactive manner, support implementing new procedures and respond positively to change. You are recognised as a team player.
LIFE AT TICKETMASTER
We are proud to be a part of Live Nation Entertainment, the world's largest live entertainment company.
Our vision at Ticketmaster is to connect people around the world to the live events they love. As the world's largest ticket marketplace and the leading global provider of enterprise tools and services for the live entertainment business, we are uniquely positioned to successfully deliver on that vision.
We do it all with an intense passion for Live and an inspiring and diverse culture driven by accessible leaders, attentive managers, and enthusiastic teams. If you're passionate about live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Our work is guided by our values:
Reliability - We understand that fans and clients rely on us to power their live event experiences, and we rely on each other to make it happen.
Teamwork - We believe individual achievement pales in comparison to the level of success that can be achieved by a team
Integrity - We are committed to the highest moral and ethical standards on behalf of the countless partners and stakeholders we represent
Belonging - We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, have an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqeo96-44-197-111-121-42 in your application.