Awesome Job: Program Manager
Great Location: Scottsdale or Hollywood
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
At Ticketmaster we are leaders in the business of selling the live entertainment experience to fans around the world.
The Global Project Management Office (PMO) at Ticketmaster is a team of skilled and experienced project management professionals. PMO works closely with our technology, operational and commercial partners to deliver strategic projects and programs across multiple countries and continents, across multiple technologies using various project frameworks and methodologies.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Program Manager who can apply the principles of professional project management to develop our products, tools and service offerings within our complex global organization.
The Program Manager will need broad experience of delivering programs in a mixed methodology environment, providing a consistent, reliable service to sponsors, stakeholders, colleagues and the Global PMO Team. This role will manage and deliver programs by coordinating activities and delivery across multiple, related projects that span technology and operational teams and areas. These programs deliver strategic initiatives that enable business transformation in the short to mid-term. Comfort with complexity and will have the aptitude and contextual perspective to understand how multiple parts work together. Able to adapt to different areas of the business to meet demands.
Importance of setting objectives and agreeing a set of key results to demonstrate the success of outcomes and initiatives. Crucially, we need a great communicator – able to communicate through metrics, showcases and presentations and tailor messages appropriately for the target audience whether discussing project health with the executive team or presenting at a conference.
The person in this role will have the ability and gravitas to lead, inspire and motivate teams. At Ticketmaster we understand that it is our people and our teams who make us great. We need a team player who works closely with peers to agree effective strategies for delivering business outcomes. Ensure team structures support delivery and help teams deliver rapidly and safely.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
• Manage and deliver programs by coordinating activities and delivery across multiple, related projects that span technology and operational teams and areas
• Accountable for delivering strategic initiatives that enable business transformation in the short to mid-term (1-3 years)
• Provides input on quarterly prioritisation
• Ability to adapt to different areas of the business to manage and deliver programs where needed
• Comfortable with complexity with a high level, contextual perspective and understanding for how multiple parts work together to fulfil a strategic objective that can transform business
• Proven experience within the fields of Project and Program Management
• Analyse and provide regular status reports that are objective and reflect the true state of progress
• Ensure that projects/programs are executed within specified timeframes and budget in accordance with quality and benefit targets using defined controls, processes and support tools
• Collaborate with teams to identify, log, track and resolve principles of professional project management such as Risk, Issue, Dependency, Decision and Change Management, Resource and Capacity Management and leverage these to improve control and visibility
• Coordinate activities to promote work flow and manage escalations either within the team or to sponsors and executives when needing steer
• Mange the complete lifecycle and facilitate the team to transition from phase to phase
• Passionate about continuous improvement and the benefits that formal improvement techniques can bring to the organisation
• Champion, maintain and improve PMO best practises to ensure the company and new members of the team are aware of and understand the value in these processes and principles
• Travel to other Ticketmaster offices when needed to support teams, maintain relationships and co-ordinate launch activities
• Provide advice and guidance to new or junior members of the team and provide support to colleagues and managers alike
• 5+ years of relevant program management experience
• An approach that inspires confidence through verbal, written and presentation skills and delivers clear and concise information tailored for different stakeholders and situations
• Able to build rapport quickly to establish trust, respect and confidence that builds excellent working relationships with colleagues and internal stakeholders at all levels of the organiation, and external vendors, to ensure objectives are understood, expectations set and appropriate business engagement is in place throughout the project or program lifecycle
• Excellent facilitation skills to conduct meetings and workshops that encourage attendees to participate and collaborate effectively and efficiently ranging from small ideation sessions, to internal conferences, to formal steering groups
• Facilitate planning with teams to generate and develop plans and roadmaps that provide clarity for the team and sponsors, drawing on a variety of estimation techniques and planning tools
• Ensure the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes and guidelines are understood and adhered too
• An excellent understanding of the Agile and Lean frameworks, with the knowledge and experience to critically analyse current best practices for suitability within Ticketmaster
• Experienced and knowledgeable in Agile and Waterfall methodologies, as well as other forecast and estimation tools and technics
• Qualified in a recognised Project Management methodology (Prince II, PMI, etc)
• Extremely competent in using Microsoft Office, specifically advanced Excel and PowerPoint
• Excellent leadership skills to lead, inspire and motivate cross-functional distributed teams in various international offices
• Able to present with confidence and excel at standing up in front of a room to lead workshops or structured training sessions
• Able to negotiate and understand the value of listening and the power of empathy
• Engender cohesion and trust within the team by focusing on the collective goal, exploring all points of view and support the team in decision making
• Pragmatic in approach and delivery focused where the delivery of valu
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz5xbq-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.