WHO ARE YOU?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
Job title and summary that includes overarching responsibilities, as well as location (needs to be specific. If remote, we will need to post to internal boards the same day it is posted externally to be compliant with different state laws.) Try to make summary exciting, as this is the hook to entice potential candidates to continue reading and to apply.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
• Ensure positive and creative environment for management team
• Assist in creating budgetary requirements and tracking the financial aspects of department
• Create and maintain inventory and maintenance log
• Ensure all procedures are cost effective
• Creates daily and weekly show schedule
• Assist in scheduling appropriate number of staff while maintaining labor costs within the assigned budgetary guidelines
• Maintain regular communications with Venue and Corporate Management
• Facilitate proper interdepartmental communication and organization
• Assist in Managing stage, sound, and lighting crews
• Coordinate operational feedback with Talent Buyer
• Advance technical details for shows/events
• Advance food and beverage/hospitality requirements
• Ensure information is distributed to Operations Managers and Venues in a timely basis
• Responsible for safe and consistent operation of all equipment
• Maintain digital ''show'' files
• Maintain accurate vendor records, following Purchase Ordering Systems
• Responsible for documenting and delivering disciplinary actions to production crew.
• Settle event revenues and expenses with the Artists.
• Coordinate and oversee the production staff that will be on site for all of the concerts.
WHAT THIS PERSON WILL BRING
• Flexible Schedule (days/nights, late hours, weekends, and holidays)
• Minimum 3 years prior management experience in an entertainment venue
• 3 years minimum Tour and Stage Production experience
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to make clear concise decisions, sometimes with limited information
• Computer literate and learns quickly with new processes
• Must possess superior interpersonal communication and organizational skills
• High School Diploma
• Tolerance of all cultures, music and art forms
• Some College or College Degree in related field
• Behavioral Based Interviewing Skills
• Interest in Night Life
• Cash handling experience
• Experience in a live music environment
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
• Working environment is fast-paced and often loud and stressful
• Position requires extended periods of prolonged standing, lifting, bending, reaching, and working on your feet
• Tolerance of loud noise level in working environment
BENEFITS & PERKS - Our motto is 'Taking Care of Our Own' through 6 pillars of benefits:
• HEALTH: Medical, Dental and Vision benefits for you and your family, including Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
• YOURSELF: Paid time off policy including holidays, sick time and day off for your birthday, free concert tickets
• WEALTH: 401(k) program with company match, Stock Program Reimbursement
• FAMILY: New parent programs & support including caregiver leave and baby bonus, infertility support
• CAREER: Tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment internal growth and development programs & trainings
• OTHERS: Volunteer time off, crowdfunding network
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Live Nation will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Live Nation also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Live Nation will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case by case basis.
**Please note that the compensation information provided is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. It is estimated based on what a successful Colorado applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful candidate will be in Colorado or perform the position from Colorado. Similar positions located outside of
Colorado will not necessarily receive the same compensation. Live Nation takes into consideration a candidate's education, training, and experience, as well as the position's work location, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value, including seniority and merit systems, and internal pay alignment when determining the salary level for potential new employees. In compliance with the CO EPEWA, a potential new employee's salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxo11j-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.