Location: Toronto, ON or remote in CA
Line Manager: Senior Director, Product & Data
Contract Terms: Permanent, 37.5 hours per week
Universe is a leader in online ticketing for virtual & in-person events. We're growing fast due to innovations in virtual events and timed-entry ticketing. We solve for large complexity and load, serving some of the biggest names in live entertainment (e.g., Dua Lipa, Metallica, Garth Brooks, Meghan Thee Stallion to name a few) and operating in over 15 countries.
We were acquired by Ticketmaster in 2015 which accelerated our growth. With a global team over 30 strong, Universe operates independently with our own roadmap and modern tech stack (including Kubernetes, Docker, Flux, and more) and the financial backing of a Fortune 500 company. Free concert tickets are a cool perk too!
As a Product Manager, you will help to define the next generation of social ticketing. Working closely with our Engineering, Design, and Business Development teams, you will help to be the voice of the customer, understanding their needs and translating those needs into next-generation products for our customers and clients to love. You'll accomplish this with a get-it-done attitude, sharp attention to detail, and you'll work to evolve and iterate our platform helping to bring it to the next level.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Determine and prioritize customer and client wants and needs utilizing market and user research techniques
• Work cross-functionally with BD, Marketing, Design, Engineering, and Support to deepen understanding of customer, client, and team needs/areas of improvement
• Lead product discovery engagements by analyzing qualitative and quantitative data points to make sure we're solving the right problem
• Define and oversee product feature creation, with a focus on MVP development and future iteration planning
• Be a key contributor to the build phase by ensuring the product meets and exceeds the quality and methodologies that make our product a leader in the space
• Work and collaborate with your squad to plan spirits, run story acceptance meetings, and monitor progress to move projects forward
• Measure, analyze, and report on product metrics to help grow, innovate, and improve
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS)
• 3+ years of work experience in product management or a similar role
• Experience using Pivotal Tracker, JIRA, ZenHub, or other Agile product development platforms
• Strong problems-solving capabilities, technical aptitude and experience with data-driven decision making
• Proficient at working effectively and collaboratively with cross-functional teams
• Strong sense of customer empathy and a passion for building quality products
• Experience working in a start-up or on a marketplace are considered a bonus!
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS)
• Business Acumen – You understand and can apply general business concepts, using external networks to understand market situations and industry.
• Problem Solving and Innovation – Gathering appropriate perspective and insights and seeking win-win solutions by remaining open to alternative approaches and being proactive in generating new ideas. Ability to maintain a balanced perspective and see all sides of an issue and manage problems in a timely and effective manner. A free and independent thinker, open to new ideas and concepts.
• Organizational Skills – Manages competing priorities of several teams/departments/locations. Tasks and project management orientation (with the ability to hold others accountable).
• Winning Teamwork – Collaborating with others in a respectful manner and openly sharing information amongst the team to assist in achieving Ticketmaster goals and objectives. Taking the time to empathize and understand where others are coming from, along with showing recognition and appreciation for the contribution of others.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE IT
• We make more fan experiences happen than any other ticketing or event company on plant earth. It's almost magical to think about!
• We work as part of a global team, which provides us with rich and diverse experiences, both personally and professionally
• We build products that are used and loved by millions of users each year, who provide us with real-time product feedback, so we're always focused on building for them
• We enjoy the culture and perks of a start-up with the backing of a Fortune 500 company, including a dynamic and fast-paced working environment, free tickets to concerts and festivals, unlimited Amphitheatre shows across North America, extended parental leave, generous retirement savings plans, and four weeks of vacation per year
• We work with a dynamic team of empathetic individuals as we challenge each other to build the best products possible
• We collaborate with veteran engineers who encourage us to ship frequently and think outside the box, applying new technologies and techniques and leading our team to success
• We mentor ambitious junior developers who rely on our guidance and experience to help them contribute, learn, and grow as developers
• We take control of our career, shaping it with innovative contributions and take advantage of opportunities to grow both within Universe and the larger Ticketmaster family
Rock Solid Reliability – I earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; I set clear expectations; I deliver high quality work on time and on task; I take the time to do things right
Winning Teamwork – I collaborate with others; I share information openly; I listen and take time to empathise and understand where others are coming from; I show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
Act with Integrity – I am proud of the way I represent myself and the company to others; I act with good intentions; I have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; I represent information and data accurately and completely
Belonging - We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, have an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one incredible experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj27e0-3-236-50-173-42 in your application.