Senior Mobile Engineer
London, United Kingdom
Location: London, UK, Flexible
Division: Marketplace Product
Line Manager: Associate Director of Product - Discovery
Contract Terms: Permanent, 40 hours per week
The Global Marketplace Product team at Ticketmaster is responsible for the online and mobile face of the business and the technology behind it - which enables fans to discover, buy and access the music, sports, arts and theatre tickets they just can't miss out on.
As a Product Manager in our Discovery team, you'll be responsible for developing and optimising Ticketmaster's shop window. You will work alongside the Associate Director of Product to drive the launch, rollout and development of our modern fan platform.
Your key focus will be to create a truly effective and world class live events search experience. You will help facilitate millions of unique searches, spanning a sizable catalogue of artists, venues and events.
Ticketmaster has a commanding global presence, operating in 32 countries and attracting 1B annual digital visitors globally. It's key that we can showcase our breadth of content to fans, merchandise world tours and satiate the desire for die-hard fans to follow their favourite artist or team anywhere in the world. How will you showcase that breadth of content to fans, whilst respecting local relevance?
From a commercial perspective, Discovery is a great opportunity to grow our non-ticketing revenue streams via maximising exposure for our strategic sponsors, encouraging fans to think about what other products might complement their ticket purchases and getting eyes on our programmatic ads.
WHAT WE NEED YOU FOR
• Collaborating with stakeholders across Ticketmaster to identify opportunities and deliver meaningful outcomes through an improved search experience.
• Maintaining our product taxonomy to ensure it remains fresh and intuitive, allowing fans to browse artists, venues and events with ease.
• Contributing to the entire product life cycle: - crafting roadmaps, defining and prioritising product requirements, delivery and post-launch care.
• Helping to formulate clear and coherent business cases, competitive analysis, product support processes and configuration documentation.
• Defining product specifications using clear and consistent user stories, with acceptance criteria that are fully validated by relevant business stakeholders.
• Driving through the delivery of features from conception to launch, creating deployment plans and working with creative design, engineering and operations teams to execute.
• Analysing and reporting on the performance of features in production, reflecting on successes and identifying areas for continuous improvement.
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO BRING
• Proven experience working with mobile responsive websites, preferably B2C e-commerce properties with high traffic.
• Demonstratable experience of working with large and growing datasets.
• Demonstrable experience of interpreting business needs and converting to requirements.
• Understanding of agile product management techniques, including Epic and Story creation.
• Demonstrable communication and stakeholder management skills, including experience in dealing with remote colleagues, across business areas and levels.
• Working with marketing, ad services, client account management and legal governance teams throughout the development cycle to ensure the product meets expectations
• Proven product research and discovery skills including competitive analysis, usage reporting, data modelling, and testing.
• Demonstrable experience using Google Analytics.
• Desirable practical experience of working with search technologies (e.g. Solr or ElasticSearch) and public facing web services/APIs
• Desirable practical experience of delivering multivariate/A-B testing campaigns to make data-driven decisions
• Exemplary interpersonal skills.
• Excellent presentation, written and oral skills.
• Ability to take initiative whilst working collaboratively – a true team player with 'can do' attitude.
• Strong attention to detail and highly analytical mind-set.
• Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and aptitude to propose solutions.
• Natural curiosity about how things work and confidence with technical details.
• Results and delivery focused with an eye for quality and reusability.
• Ability to adjust priorities and approaches.
• Drive to be a subject matter expert and ambition to grow in the role.
Rock Solid Reliability – I earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; I set clear expectations; I deliver high quality work on time and on task; I take the time to do things right
Winning Teamwork – I collaborate with others; I share information openly; I listen and take time to empathise and understand where others are coming from; I show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
Act with Integrity – I am proud of the way I represent myself and the company to others; I act with good intentions; I have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; I represent information and data accurately and completely
Belonging - We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, have an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkkqmq-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.