Digital Matte Painter
Remote / Virtual
Who we are.
Universe is an innovative and high growth global ticketing platform acquired by Ticketmaster in 2015. The company operates independently with startup-like agility with backing of a Fortune 500 company.
At Universe, we believe in a future where virtual and real-life experience are the new stage for people to meet, connect, be inspired, and learn from one another. That's why it's our mission to deliver event technology that transforms the way people host events. We build products that enable our hosts to provide unforgettable fan experiences. Given the realities of COVID, Universe has launched some popular new product solutions, including for virtual events, timed-entry and drive-ins. If you're passionate about the magic of live experiences and want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience them, we want to hear from you.
Why you should work with us.
Our biggest investment is in people like you! We offer comprehensive health benefits and an RRSP matching program, student loan assistance, plus career-boosting opportunities like tuition reimbursement and targeted development sessions to help you thrive. At Universe you can expect the fast-paced excitement of a startup with the rock-solid support from an industry leader – with plenty of ticket perks on the side.
As a Product Designer, you're passionate about understanding the vision and strategy of the company, translating this UX into all aspects of the product, bringing this to life through high fidelity UI mockups, and implementing these designs in HTML5 and/or CSS3. You are passionate about defining a fresh and consistent style and brand, and working with all members of technical and marketing teams to make this a reality.
In this interdisciplinary role, you will have the opportunity to work with leadership to be directly involved in the vision and strategy, collaborate with fellow Designers to hone the product to perfection, pair with top-notch Software Developers to bring your designs to life, hand-off to our QA to ensure your designs are achieved, and interact with our Product Managers to take in a holistic view of the product and business, including seeing the impact of your designs on key metrics (Amplitude, Google Analytics, Domo).
What your day could look like:
• Deeply understanding and solving complex problems for our event organizers and fans while working with a cross-functional team to ensure the solutions meet the right metrics and business & user outcomes
• Conducting and leading user research, stakeholder interviews, and framing problems and insights through stories that help your team envision opportunities
• Using a human-centered design process to develop user stories, personas, user flows, design mockups, prototypes and specs for our most complex projects
• Contributing to design QA activities prior to launch
• Contributing to and helping shape product design vision and strategy, generating buy-in, advocating for great user-centered practices, and operationalizing the strategy and processes for product design
What we're looking for:
• Minimum of 3+ years of product experience that demonstrates your craftsmanship and ability to lead end-to-end design on products for desktop and mobile
• A portfolio of design work that shows the full range of your product design, user research, interaction design and visual design skills
• Strong product thinking, systems thinking and a track record for driving results by building products that provide great user and business value
• A passion for the event space and Universe products
• Proficiency with Figma
• Excellent storytelling with an ability to inspire via compelling stories
• Providing and seeking feedback from other designers to always push the bar for quality
Nice to have:
• Experience working in a startup or on a marketplace
• Experience working in ticketing and/or the events industry
• Experience designing for accessibility
Here's why you'll love working at Universe:
• You'll work with veteran engineers who will challenge you frequently
• You'll work with amazing designers, you will challenge you to implement beautiful, interactive user interfaces
• You'll be at the helm of your own career, shaping it with your own innovative contributions to a nascent team and product
• You'll enjoy the culture and perks of a startup, with the stability of a Fortune 500 company; perks include kombucha and cold brew coffee on tap, 4 tickets to see a concert of your choice every year, unlimited access to Amphitheatre shows in North America for you and a friend, extended parental benefits, and 4 weeks' vacation
If you're interested in helping us shape the future of the event industry, send us your resume, portfolio and cover letter. In addition, please provide us with a link to a project that's gone live so we can admire your great work!
We encourage all qualified applicants to apply, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Ticketmaster/Universe Canada.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.