Location: Toronto, ON
Line Manager: Senior Director, Product & Data
Contract Terms: Permanent, 37.5 hours per week
Universe is a leader in online ticketing for virtual & in-person events. We're growing fast due to innovations in virtual events and timed-entry ticketing. We solve for large complexity and load, serving some of the biggest names in live entertainment (e.g., Dua Lipa, Metallica, Garth Brooks, Meghan Thee Stallion to name a few) and operating in over 15 countries.
We were acquired by Ticketmaster in 2015 which accelerated our growth. With a global team over 30 strong, Universe operates independently with our own roadmap and modern tech stack (including Kubernetes, Docker, Flux, and more) and the financial backing of a Fortune 500 company. Free concert tickets are a cool perk too!
As a Product Designer, you're passionate about understanding the vision and strategy of the company, translating this UX into all aspects of the product, bringing this to life through high fidelity UI mockups, and implementing these designs in HTML5 / CSS3. You are passionate about defining a fresh and consistent style and brand and working with all members of technical and marketing teams to make this a reality.
In this interdisciplinary role, you will have the opportunity to work with leadership to be directly involved in the vision and strategy, collaborate with fellow Designers to hone the product to perfection, pair with top-notch Software Developers to bring your designs to life, hand-off to our QA to ensure your designs are achieved, and interact with our Product Managers to take in a holistic view of the product and business, including seeing the impact of your designs on key metrics (Amplitude, Google Analytics, Domo).
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Deeply understanding and solving complex problems for our event organizers and fans while working with a cross-functional team to ensure the solutions meet the right metrics and business & user outcomes
• Conducting and leading user research, stakeholder interviews, and framing problems and insights through stories that help your team envision opportunities
• Using a human-centered design process to develop user stories, personas, user flows, design mockups, prototypes, and specs for our most complex projects
• Contributing to design QA activities prior to launch
• Contributing to and helping shape product design vision and strategy, generating buy-in, advocating for great user-centered practices, and operationalizing the strategy and processes for product design
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS)
• Minimum of 2-3 years of product experience that demonstrates your craftsmanship and ability to lead end-to-end design on products for desktop and mobile
• A portfolio of design work that shows the full range of your product design, user research, interactive design and visual design skills
• Strong product thinking, systems thinking and a track record for driving results by building products that provide great user and business value
• A passion for the event space and Universe products
• Proficiency with Figma
• Excellent storytelling with an ability to inspire via compelling stories
• Providing and seeking feedback from other designers to always push the bar for quality!
• Experience in a start-up or on a marketplace and designing accessibility is a bonus!
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS)
• Business Acumen – You understand and can apply general business concepts, using external networks to understand market situations and industry.
• Problem Solving and Innovation – Gathering appropriate perspective and insights and seeking win-win solutions by remaining open to alternative approaches and being proactive in generating new ideas. Ability to maintain a balanced perspective and see all sides of an issue and manage problems in a timely and effective manner. A free and independent thinker, open to new ideas and concepts.
• Organizational Skills – Manages competing priorities of several teams/departments/locations. Tasks and project management orientation (with the ability to hold others accountable).
• Winning Teamwork – Collaborating with others in a respectful manner and openly sharing information amongst the team to assist in achieving Ticketmaster goals and objectives. Taking the time to empathize and understand where others are coming from, along with showing recognition and appreciation for the contribution of others.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE IT
• We make more fan experiences happen than any other ticketing or event company on plant earth. It's almost magical to think about!
• We work as part of a global team, which provides us with rich and diverse experiences, both personally and professionally
• We build products that are used and loved by millions of users each year, who provide us with real-time product feedback, so we're always focused on building for them
• We enjoy the culture and perks of a start-up with the backing of a Fortune 500 company, including a dynamic and fast-paced working environment, free tickets to concerts and festivals, unlimited Amphitheatre shows across North America, extended parental leave, generous retirement savings plans, and four weeks of vacation per year
• We work with a dynamic team of empathetic individuals as we challenge each other to build the best products possible
• We collaborate with veteran engineers who encourage us to ship frequently and think outside the box, applying new technologies and techniques and leading our team to success
• We mentor ambitious junior developers who rely on our guidance and experience to help them contribute, learn, and grow as developers
• We take control of our career, shaping it with innovative contributions and take advantage of opportunities to grow both within Universe and the larger Ticketmaster family
Rock Solid Reliability – I earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; I set clear expectations; I deliver high quality work on time and on task; I take the time to do things right
Winning Teamwork – I collaborate with others; I share information openly; I listen and take time to empathise and understand where others are coming from; I show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
Act with Integrity – I am proud of the way I represent myself and the company to others; I act with good intentions; I have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; I represent information and data accurately and completely
Belonging - We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, have an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one incredible experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq8z51-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.