Operations Manager (Live Nation Venue)
Who We Are
Live Nation Entertainment is the world's leading live entertainment company, comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, and Live Nation Media & Sponsorship. Ticketmaster is the global leader in event ticketing with over 500 million tickets sold annually and more than 12,000 clients worldwide. Live Nation Concerts is the largest provider of live entertainment in the world promoting more than 30,000 shows and 95+ festivals annually for nearly 4,000 artists in over 40 countries. These businesses allow Live Nation Media & Sponsorship to create strategic music marketing programs that connect over 900 brands with the 86 million fans that attend Live Nation Entertainment events each year. For additional information, visit www.livenationentertainment.com.
Who You Are
Passionate and motivated with a proven track record. Driven and determined with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
You will have the opportunity to be part of Live Nation's newest music venue from the ground up. The Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring the success of show and event productions by managing the technical and personnel aspects of the Operations department through detailed preparation. You will have direct oversight of the Operations team as well as play a crucial role in the progress of the other departments of the venue.
• Actively participates in the recruitment strategy and efforts for management and Team Member positions.
• Develops direct reports by communicating performance expectations and preparing/conducting timely performance appraisals.
• Provides conflict resolutions in a positive, effective manner
• Ensures compliance with venue Workplace Standards to maintain a working environment that is free of discrimination and harassment
• Facilitates proper communication and organization in the venue, as well as to and from the Home Office
• Provides overall leadership and support for all staff and management by creating the appropriate culture and character of the venue through his/her own personal and professional conduct
• Maintains positive talent relations by developing a solid understanding of the music industry, to ensure that artists and industry representatives have positive experiences in the venue
• Ensures that all special events are executed properly, to the client's satisfaction
• Assume the responsibilities of the venue General Manager in their absence.
• Assists and completes venue training of newly hired team members and continued training courses for current venue team members
• Participates in preparing annual budgets, in conjunction with GM and Home Office
• Participates in developing long and short-term plans for revenue growth and cost control measures
• Ensure systems are in place for all cost controls/inventories
• Bachelor's degree in business or related field or relevant years of experience
• Minimum 3 years' experience as an operations manager in a hospitality related business or equivalent position
• Point of Sales knowledge
• Experience in a live music environment an asset
• Previous experience managing a staff of 100+ team members
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
• Ability to work in a very fast paced environment with considerable noise and interruptions. Must be able to change activity frequently
• Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
• Flexible Schedule (days/nights, weekends, and holidays)
• Physical activities include walking, talking, seeing, hearing, pushing, balancing, stooping, crouching, kneeling, handling.
• Ability to walk and stand for long period of time.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj2o32-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.